Need to bridge the gap between Meguiar's 105 and OPII

• 3 weeks later...
Would Compound II or Hyper compound be a better choice? Im thinking I want something on the level of Meguiars 83 DACP, but isnt a PITA to work with like 83

second question: does hyper compound or OCII have more cut? which finishes better?

Would Compound II or Hyper compound be a better choice? Im thinking I want something on the level of Meguiars 83 DACP, but isnt a PITA to work with like 83

OPII and 105 should fill most of your needs as long as you have various pads at your side (cutting, polishing, finishing, wool). Perhaps only on dark colors you may need to finish with something like FPII, Ultrafina or Optimum Finish.

• 4 weeks later...

Anthony,

My cars are both "bright" Chevys. Millennium Yellow '03 Corvette & '08 Precision Red Impala LTZ.

The vette is a cream puff and I think doesn't require a lot of correction. The Impala takes all the weather and can use more, even though it's newer. I saw this post about finishing. Re: the correction for the Optimum products which I'm ordering (to be sure) do I need all 3; Compound II, Polish II & Finish? I plan to use Opti-Seal & buy some Poli-Seal to try. Am curious, as I have seen charts that line-up Optimum polishes w/others, like the poster mentioned, Meguiar's, as well as, Menzerna, WG, etc.. I chose all 3 corrective products, to straddle the others. Maybe I don't need all of them.

BTW, I'm used to OTC cleaner/waxes (well, probably sealants) that I assume have some fillers in them too. Should I add a glaze or similar to my product list? :thumbsupup[1]:

Opinion?

Thanks for your insight.

See ya.

second question: does hyper compound or OCII have more cut? which finishes better?

Anthony,

My cars are both "bright" Chevys. Millennium Yellow '03 Corvette & '08 Precision Red Impala LTZ.

The vette is a cream puff and I think doesn't require a lot of correction. The Impala takes all the weather and can use more, even though it's newer. I saw this post about finishing. Re: the correction for the Optimum products which I'm ordering (to be sure) do I need all 3; Compound II, Polish II & Finish? I plan to use Opti-Seal & buy some Poli-Seal to try. Am curious, as I have seen charts that line-up Optimum polishes w/others, like the poster mentioned, Meguiar's, as well as, Menzerna, WG, etc.. I chose all 3 corrective products, to straddle the others. Maybe I don't need all of them.

BTW, I'm used to OTC cleaner/waxes (well, probably sealants) that I assume have some fillers in them too. Should I add a glaze or similar to my product list? :thumbsupup[1]:

Opinion?

Thanks for your insight.

See ya.

Archived