Optimum instant detailer & gloss enhancer

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Opti-Clean cleans better and does not leave the same gloss and slickness OID leaves behind.

I really like OID and it is a great value and beats my other favorite of Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer.

Now I really can't wait to try OID!

Opti-Clean cleans better and does not leave the same gloss and slickness OID leaves behind.

I really like OID and it is a great value and beats my other favorite of Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer.

Thats a good answer

I would say both have different property & make for different applications

I did a prep for car show & on its way to the exhibition rains......some dust & stains need to be cleaned - I grab hold of Opticlean & it clean effortlessly but once your Microfiber is wet....it will leave certain streak on the glass/surfaces....I had to do a few wipes.

Imagine I had OID...it will finishes it perfectly without the streaks

enjoy some of the pics here http://thedetailers.blogspot.com/2011/12/super-exotics-car-detailing-by-malaysia.html

I use OC with 10% OID and ONR with 10% OID for that touch extra finish.

Also OC 50/50 with ONR for some cleaning situations.

They all work well with each other.

great will try it out

thanks

• 1 month later...
Thanx Perfections. I'm such a loyal user of Optimum products that I didn't want to miss out on a great product...but didn't want something gathering dust either.

Don't get me wrong optimums instant detailer is great, but if you've already got Ocw and applying it every wash Oid IMO would have no benefit for you.

• 4 months later...
Is it redundant to use OID after you dry panels when you do ONRWW wash? By redundant I mean wasteful

Not necessarily redundant, no. OID adds depth to the paint. That's not to say NRWW doesn't, but OID will add even more while the NRWW will add some protection. I would say every other wash you could use it. It certainly won't hurt and you only need about one to two mists per panel.

Archived