Please Help Newbie!

Ron

OK, I bought a bunch of products from Optimum including the spray wax, detailer, Opti-seal and both rinseless and regular wash. I currently have collinite 915 on my car(my previous wax of choice). I am now trying Optimum products to be more green for the environment as well as for my own health. Question is this. Do I use Opti-seal first and then the spray wax or visa versa. Also, how often do I use the wax? I have read people saying to use it every week and I also read it is good for up to five months! How often should I uuse the detailer? I guess in summary I need a routine?

Thanks in advance for your help

Ron

Forgot to mention...I have a dark gray car about 1 1/2 years old that still basically looks like new with no visable swirls.

Thanks

Ron,

Congrats on the new Optimum products...you are going to love them. As for your question, you really don't need to put both the Opti-seal and spraywax on at the same time. They are both protectants with OS containing the properties of a paint sealant and the spraywax being just that...a wax. The OS is going to give you a longer lasting protection and it leaves a very wet looking shine. Less is better, it is a very concentrated formula and you really only need 1-2 sprites per panel. We spray directly onto applicator then work the product in. Wipe any residual product with a mf towel.

We use the spraywax as our quickshine about once a month or you can apply after regular washings . It is going to give you a good shine, and is just as quick to apply. Check out the Optimum No Rinse, as it is a great product that can be used for washing and as a quick detailer. Good luck.

Matt Williams

Silver Lining Detail

Hello Ron,

Think of the spray wax as a booster to the Opti-Seal. So you can prep the car, polish it and then add Opti-Seal. The following wash you can use the spray wax to aide in the drying process by spritzing a panel as you dry. Or after drying use the spray wax as you would a QD, as Silverlining suggested.

Take care,

Anthony

Archived