Perfections Detail

First Impression Opti-bond tire gel

10 posts in this topic

I just got a gallon of this after watching Anthony apply it with a paint gun as I knew that I would be doing the same once I open my shop. But for now I'm applying it via spray bottle diluted 1:1. My initial impression was when I sprayed it on that it wasn't going to dry evenly. I didn't want to mess up my test by rubbing it smooth with an applicator so I left it on overnight without touching it. The next day when I came to look at it man did it shine and was perfectly even! Most impressed with it, great gel I'll be using from now on! Btw it's been a week since I've used it and its still very nice even through light raining.

Good review. My wife likes super shiney on her tires while I'm more of a dark matte look. Keep us posted on how long it lasts in the rain.

Here's some pics of the before and after. I should have taken a pic right after I sprayed it on, like I said didn't look like it would dry evenly, but dang as you can see in the after pic...very nice!

Before

DSC02860.jpg

After

DSC02889-1.jpg

Still on my list to try.

Still on my list to try.

Chris,

What specific air gun are you using to apply the Opti Bond and where can I purchase one? Also, what would be the suggested PSI for the air compressor? Thanks!

I bought a quart and apply it undiluted using a foam applicator (only doing my own cars). OMG! This is by far the best tire dressing I've ever used.

It dries evenly, not to much shine, doesn't attract dust or dirt and lasts through washing. My plan was to apply a touch up once a week but I don't even always do that because the tires looks so good.

Love Opti Products... I haven't tried one I haven't liked yet. I'm always pushing this stuff to people like I"m selling it (I'm not).... Only because it works!

The thing I like best about Opti-Bond is how it's completely non-greasy, it doesn't even feel slippery if you get it on your fingers when applying. With every other dressing I either wear a nitrile glove or have to wash my hands after.