Opti-Seal Q&A

Ron Harris

With opti-seal are there going to be any restrictions on what kind of applicator to use or if it should be never washed (like the condtions that CS requires)? Mike...

We have found the 2 foam applicators that will be supplied to be the best.

I have had many uses from the same one. I usualy rinse it out with dish soap and water.

You Must let it dry fully before you use it again.

The cotton ones sold by the competition don't apply the product evenly from

what we have found.

Do you recommend spraying directly onto paint when applying or on the pad first? Do you use a pad or a mf? How long does it take to blend in/disappear, in order to tell if we have complete coverage?

We have been priming the pad with one or two pumps when we start. Then you can spray staright to the finish.

If it is a windy day you may want to spray pad if you cant find an enclosed area.

Weather conditions will change the evap times I have found the first panel to be dry by the time I finish.

If you want to add a second coat clean your windowa or wheels and tires and come back. About 10 to 15 min.

A little trick I have found is to burnish the finish after the car is complete.

about 20 minits after final application is done.

What I do is use an ultra plush MF towel Spray one time with the Optimum spray wax

and lightley buff the paint in a rapid manor. Like the shoe shine guys do. Just gives the finish a little extra gloss.

has anyone tried this over something like rmg yet? Will that work?

I haven't done this but You should not have any problems.

I have found that products with lots of oils or silacone will create a little streaking in areas

as well as enhance the oily finish a little.

To correct this problem just let the sealant set up for 20 to 30 minuets and burnish the paint with a MF and spray wax or your choice of QD

I have Klasse AIO and SG left over from last year. Is Opti-Seal compatible with Klasse? I am hoping to apply one coat AIO, one coat SG and two coats Opti-Seal.

I would think you would have no problem with that. I think Klasse plays pretty well with lsp.

1. Does OS provide any UV protection? The reason I ask is because my car will be exposed to the tropical sun about 10 hours a day - year round.

2. What type of beading should be expected (sealant-ish or carnauba-ish)?

TIA.

Yes it does have UV protection and your beading really depends on how the water hits the car. If you're in a light drizzle then you'll notice small beads but if caught in a heavy rain then you'll notice the water gathering and rolling off the paint, especially if driving in heavy rain.

If washing and you rinse with a flow of water you should have very little water left on your cars surface......if you dry with a leaf blower you should only need a towel to blot of some drips.

Anthony

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I finished a multi step polish-wax of my 928...OP-PS-then trade secret.......of course my OS showed up after I was done!! So I put a layer of it on top of the TS.....I just finished....it had a little streaking,,,but that came off with a slightly damp MF towel.....its too dark to take it out in the sun...I'll put on another coat tomorrow and take some pics!

Dose Opti-seal lock in my Carnauba?

No. The solvents will dissolves carnauba floating it to the top of the

Opti-Seal. This fact holds true with any solvent based WOWA sealant.

The carnauba is not removed just repositioned.

So how do you recommend using Opti-Seal with carnauba, or do you? Should you top the Opti-Seal with a carnauba (paste, liquid) if you want the carnauba look or should you top the carnauba with the Opti-Seal for durability?

So, now that we've had some timego bye, which is the best way to use OS with carnauba. Ron said either SHOULD work. What actually DOES work?

...and could they be alternately applied, in a layering fashion?

So, now that we've had some timego bye, which is the best way to use OS with carnauba. Ron said either SHOULD work. What actually DOES work?

...and could they be alternately applied, in a layering fashion?

I do not like to use Optiseal with any carnauba mainly because I like the looks of the Optiseal by itself. It seems everyone wants to use with a wax but I have no idea why?

Polish the paint properly, apply the Optiseal and you're done...... if anything I'll go over it with some OCW.

Anthony

I like to go over the OS with a MF that has a few sprays of OSW, it really makes the finish look super wet and reflective. I learned this from one of Ron's posts and usually I wait about 30-40 minutes after applying OS to wipe down with OSW. I still feel like I am cheating everytime I use OS because it is so easy but, looks so good. Mike...