Poly sealing ocw layering ?

Perfections Detail

If you do the maint it will probably last 3-5 months. If they use dish soap or take it to the swirl-o-matic, it's only gonna last a month. I used this combo on my personal vehicle all the time prior to the Opticoat so I know it works and works well. I like PS with Optiseal a lot too. I don't know what it is, but I just have a feeling about whether to use OCW or OS with no real scientific reason. Of course, with OS you need to wipe off the residue first.

Perfections,

Why not PS then OCW then apply OptiSeal for Optimum durability. Follow up after curing with OID for that extra bit of pop right before customer pickup. So quick and easy to do and well worth it!

Disclaimer: This was not a paid endorsement from Chris just to sell more products. :lshic[1]:

Perfections,

Why not PS then OCW then apply OptiSeal for Optimum durability. Follow up after curing with OID for that extra bit of pop right before customer pickup. So quick and easy to do and well worth it!

Disclaimer: This was not a paid endorsement from Chris just to sell more products. :lshic[1]:

I just moved to a rural area and most of the people I have gotten thus far are older and don't know a thing about paint sealant. I'm of course trying to educate the customer but most just either want the basic wash/vac/wax and if I'm doing poly seal I've just had to go with its a light polish. I've asked around and I'm the first in the area to offer so many services. They tell me around here that the last guy that did "detailing" would wash and vac your car and that was his full meal deal....I've got my work cut out to try and educate and explain the advances in technology...if I say the word clay, they think I'm gonna make a pot :(

I just moved to a rural area and most of the people I have gotten thus far are older and don't know a thing about paint sealant. I'm of course trying to educate the customer but most just either want the basic wash/vac/wax and if I'm doing poly seal I've just had to go with its a light polish. I've asked around and I'm the first in the area to offer so many services. They tell me around here that the last guy that did "detailing" would wash and vac your car and that was his full meal deal....I've got my work cut out to try and educate and explain the advances in technology...if I say the word clay, they think I'm gonna make a pot :(

I understand the small town - rural area thing, I'm up against the same obstacles. I usually get what I refer to as the "1 hit wonders". 5 year old vehicles which haven't been touched and people want them to look their best for top trade value as economically as possible.

Sounds like you are getting familiar with your customer base. You will need to adjust your original game plan slightly in order to get your name out there. Continue to do quality work, maybe slip in an up-sell on occasion just to show people the difference in look and durability. Customers will slowly begin to ask for the service then.

I too have experienced trouble up-selling a paint sealant, even just for an additional $50 on top of a complete detail of $150 on a - rurally driven - extra cab truck. Now that I am using mostly Optimum, and the fact the entire lineup plays well together, I'm able to layer without having to worry about bonding and streaking issues. I have re-named my paint sealant upgrade as an Extreme Shine, Gloss and Protection Package for an additional $35.

As Chris mentioned, PS followed with OCW is a great combo for durability and ease of use. You could mix a little Opt Polish in with PS if you need more cut without doing an extra step. Another time saver for a cost conscience market.

Keep reading the forum, there is a wealth of info here. I learn something every time I log on. :thumbsupup[1]:

• 1 year later...

You don't need any time between. OCW can actually be used to remove PS haze. The sealant in PS will reposition itself and link under the wax. That is the beauty of having a pure LSP with no cleaning ability or abrasives.

Can this method be used with GPS? I like using PS this way, but I have some GPS I want to try.

Archived