Opti Clean as an interior detailer

Billy Jack

Now that the weather in PA is getting milder, it's time to try some of the Optimum products I've acquired over the winter. I recently caught a post by Chris@Optimum on the AG forum, where he recommended trying OOC as an interior detailer. Per Chris's recommendations, I mixed a batch at 1:4, adding 1oz. of IPA per quart and did a test on the doors and dash of my winter DD.

I was quite pleased with the results. My last full interior cleaning was in December, so we definitely needed some maintenance. Minor dust and dirt, fingerprints, water spots and the like are easily removed. Though it adds little or no gloss, the surface is left very smooth, so it will likely repel dust and dirt. No streaking occurred on any plastics, the instrument lens or radio screens, just a nice clean finish. My leather-wrapped steering wheel looked and felt clean, without being too slippery

I know there are specific interior detailers available on the market, but OOC gets bonus points from me since it's just a different mix of a product I already have in stock.

Obviously the uses are limited, but for a quick wipe-down of a reasonably clean interior it's definitely worth a try.

Bill

Chris,

Before I started this thread, I did a search to see if my post was redundant. I noticed that in another OOC thread, you had mentioned using it at a 1:4 dilution for exterior use rather than the 1:3 as the instructions note. Do you see any ill effects from the 1:4? I ask because then I can bulk mix it for both inside and outside use at 1:4, and just add some IPA when I refill my interior bottle.

Bill

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived