Opti-Coat Application Methods

Anthony Orosco

Thank you very much for showing the spray method, Anthony. How much can you expect to use spraying a coating vs. wiping?

Hey you're very welcome Chris.

You can look at using close to a full syringe for a 4 door sedan size car.

Love the forum by the way, you're doing a fantastic job!

• 1 month later...

I used the applicator, rubber glove and blue shop towel method and it works great! I seems to take more product thou for some reason but also seems to give it a thicker finish. I keep knocking high spots with it until they almost disappear over a few minutes then a real soft mf cloth leveling is enough.

Just that my blue shop towel is about to finish (came from the US in a paint kit) and I can't find it anywhere here in Oz.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, you can wipe it too much. You only need to wipe away excess that would streak if left. If you rub, buff, or handle it too much while it's wet, you will make the surface dry microscopically "rough" and it will affect the beading characteristics. You should apply it to a section, buff away any excess lightly and quickly after 90% of the panel has already gone clear and inspect.

I am thinking of using OC for my White Honda Fit. One of the things I've found out about white is the way it hides imperfections. However at the same time it's harder to see and correct them. By this same token, will it be difficult to do an inspection of OC to determine if product was applied too thickly and thus correct if necessary? Or should I just stick with OS and OCW?

• 4 years later...

Hi I just gloss coated my car in three phases bumper then hood then the rest of car ( had the car in parts in my garage during winter) I put in on thick thin and double coated some of it 

Never had any problems with high spots i think the method is use the paint prep get the paint as clean as possible ( polish glay) and the right tempature

Do you self a favor and gloss coat the car large.596a93082c55b_elementwaitimgtowaxIMG_20170715_180110027.jpg.549c4e593ea60b28b56d3fef6c3bdc5c.jpg

Archived