How long will a pad last?

Red89GT

Might be an odd question but I purchased a 5.25" Optimun Polishing Microfiber pad from autopia carcare. With the intention of trying it out to see how I like it compared to other brands that I have used in the past.

I used the pad with a porter cable DA on 2 cars before a total failure of the pad. ( the microfiber separated from the foam backing) After the first car the pad was washed in a pad cleaning solution and then washed in the washing machine and air dried.

So is this a normal life for theses pads or did I receive a defect one?

J3W7o.jpg

TUljW.jpg

Thanks for the reply guys. I will send it back to the retailer when I get a chance.

On a side note I did like how it performed (prior to it falling apart) and I probably will buy more next time I order some pads.

I have had the same problem but then again I was using Snappy Clean pad cleaner in my Lake Country pad cleaning system and that may be one problem of why it's causing this issue. Another pad did the same thing without using Snappy Clean but like Chris said, it only seems to be a very select few doing it. Other than this small issue, the pads are awesome, I agree!

Archived