Temperature sensitivity

Greetings!

I've heard a lot of great things concerning OCW, but before purchasing, I would like to ask a few questions that have not been answered (well, at least not directly) on other car care forums.

Just how temp sensitive is OCW? According to product descriptions, some things to avoid is surface temperatures between 55 and 90 degrees. That's fine during late spring and early summer, but what about full-on summer when the outside temps regularly register 90+ degrees. Not to mention the winter time when we Texans are lucky to get "tropical" temps in the upper 40's - low 50's.

And product directions say to also avoid direct sunlight. "Shade hunting" is problematic at best. I'll have to keep moving my car to various spots in my condo complex to complete my car care regimen: ONR, clay, polish, LSP, etc. This is a total pain since I have to pack up my entire kit and move constantly, just to remain in the shade.

Can anyone offer some input?

You can try performing your detailing session during the earlier morning or later evening when the temperature is cooler. Always avoid direct sunlight and hot surface or you risk baking the wax into the paint. I always wax my ride in the shade regardless whether the product is sunlight friendly or not. It will be better for your paint. Use your hand to feel the paint surface first. If its warm, then wait for it to cool down a little before applying.

During application just treat it as a quick detailer. Spray onto cloth to wet it and then spray onto panel. Wipe product immediately. Do not wait as no curing is needed. Your paint should look streak free. Work panel by panel. I personally like OCW so much that it is already my preferred LSP.

FYI, in my country temperature easily reaches 33C during most afternoon and 31C during the later evening but I have no issues applying OCW in those conditions.

Easy, Effortless & Effective.

I live in Texas an am a mobile detailer, meaning I work anywhere even direct sunlight. While its not recommended of course I spray a mf towel with Ocw and really load it up and spread it. It will pretty much flash off as soon you wipe it across the surface. Don't spray on the paint if panels are super hot. I also noticed for whatever reason I don't get the same durability if the panels are smoking hot while your applying it, just over a month, but with how easy it is to apply for my maintenance customers I'm pretty much using it as a quick detailer at the end of the wash.

I live in Texas an am a mobile detailer, meaning I work anywhere even direct sunlight. While its not recommended of course I spray a mf towel with Ocw and really load it up and spread it. It will pretty much flash off as soon you wipe it across the surface. Don't spray on the paint if panels are super hot. I also noticed for whatever reason I don't get the same durability if the panels are smoking hot while your applying it, just over a month, but with how easy it is to apply for my maintenance customers I'm pretty much using it as a quick detailer at the end of the wash.

Thanks for all of the helpful info, everyone! In an effort to simplify my life, I've decided to keep all of my car care products within the same product family. The chemists who developed these products know what goes in them and thus are compatible with each other. In other words, they "play nicely" with each other.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

I guess all of you already know that I'll be sticking exclusively with Optimum products. I already have the tire gel and ONR and they work wonderfully. Just think how much better my finish will be with all OPT products!

To me personally, I also enjoyed using Optimum products due to their environmental friendly properties & also safer for the consumer. Mostly water based and petroleum free. I tend to stay away from products that contains petroleum no matter how good the product is.

Archived