Opti-Seal over Opti-Coat 2.0

BMRu4ia

The threads I read here said not to top OC 2.0.

The "release" feature of OC 2.0 will have any product applied gone by ~ 4 weeks, and in that time, the surface characteristics will take on what you applied not the release / " anti stick" surface of OC 2.0.

I only use ONR mixed to a QD ratio ( 15:1 ) to go over the OC surfaces, it brings the surface back to a nice shine ( like the day it was applied ) .

It is not slick, but OC is not a slick type surface application.

This is just what I read here in this sub forum, and I have followed it since my 1st OC application with good results.

This is a very interesting thread:

Opti Coat (OC) or Opti Guard )OG) Revenation

http://www.autogeeko...revenation.html

I learned some interesting information about Opti-Coat.

Be careful with that thread. A lot of supposition floating around in it.

- not a shock for those who read that forum, ideas spring up and take hold very quick, so conjecture becomes fact in less than 24 hours.

The one right out of the gate that caught my eye: "We have the newer OG which is layerable"

- No OC /OG has always been able to be layered.

From Chris ( thread in this forum ) :

The original Opti Coat/Opti Guard will take a second coat withing 30 min or so...but sometimes that gets a little tricky because it also means you have to apply the second coat while the fist is a little grabby. So, 15 minutes or so would be good and use an applicator like the one we ship with instead of MF or something with grain.

The "tweak" in OC 2.0 and the "newer version" of OG are they take longer to harden, which means OG can now be layered the same as OC 2.0.

- http://optimumforums...?showtopic=1869

This is just doing a layer on the previous application without polishing. With a polish of the application, you can layer it after the ~ 30 day window is past.

I do understand what your saying and really like for Chris to post on the subject.

Here is the same topic another board with pictures.

http://www.live2detail.com/showthread.php?3857-Iron-X-Rejuvenates-Opti-Coat-and-Opti-Guard!&p=50895#post50895

I find this very interesting, Not fact to live by.

Poor washing routines lead to having to decontaminate opti coat/guard. I have this one customer, all he does is run his car through a touch less car wash once a week, and the thing still looks great and sheets water like crazy after almost 2 years. I think just keep a good washing schedule and you won't have to worry about doing any crazy maintenance steps and if you do ironx isn't a hard step anyways besides the smell lol

This is a very interesting thread:

Opti Coat (OC) or Opti Guard )OG) Revenation

http://www.autogeeko...revenation.html

I learned some interesting information about Opti-Coat.

I'm actually getting kinda tired of that forum. Too many people with too many opinions, most of them misinformed, erroneous or just PLAIN WRONG!

I buy my stuff from there, (I like the discounts :P) but hardly visit the forums anymore.

I like my new home MUCH better. LOL

:wub:

Poor washing routines lead to having to decontaminate opti coat/guard. ...<snip>..

I thought the same thing. The poster on those forums is pretty keen on he knows what he is doing. If you were to question that, it would be met with a polite but firm, "I know what I am doing" ( he is not a jerk about it like the others on that forum ).

Why the thread of supposition needed to be put on 2 forums is a different question. He does not have a good grasp on the product or any first hand input on the washing done for that time ( sure dad, I washed it once a week...). So off to spread speculation and conjecture...

Next thing you know, Internet grape vine is going to take over, and the competing products ( that require a "reload" ) will key on it, and take off with internet rumor mongering that OG grabs on to and holds contaminates not releases them as advertised.

This is how bad info starts floating around, and becomes pseudo fact.

- I read it in 2 places, so it must be true. Off to post it on another forum. Then the "search for it on google and you will see" posts will start popping up.

Not a good thing for OPT, but it is interesting to see ground zero on what could become an internet rumor starting.

- You can see how the monkey pile has already taken hold at the 1st forum.

I thought the same thing. The poster on those forums is pretty keen on he knows what he is doing. If you were to question that, it would be met with a polite but firm, "I know what I am doing" ( he is not a jerk about it like the others on that forum ).

Why the thread of supposition needed to be put on 2 forums is a different question. He does not have a good grasp on the product or any first hand input on the washing done for that time ( sure dad, I washed it once a week...). So off to spread speculation and conjecture...

Next thing you know, Internet grape vine is going to take over, and the competing products ( that require a "reload" ) will key on it, and take off with internet rumor mongering that OG grabs on to and holds contaminates not releases them as advertised.

This is how bad info starts floating around, and becomes pseudo fact.

- I read it in 2 places, so it must be true. Off to post it on another forum. Then the "search for it on google and you will see" posts will start popping up.

Not a good thing for OPT, but it is interesting to see ground zero on what could become an internet rumor starting.

- You can see how the monkey pile has already taken hold at the 1st forum.

The man your referring to no doubt knows how to maintain a vehicle, but his son during harsh winters I'm unsure. I remember reading about the reload comment and I think that was in reference to people asking what can you top opti coat with, and reload is a good topper for coatings, but not a great stand alone lsp.

I am so sorry I mentioned anything outside the rim of Opti-Coat 2.0 as a superior permanent coating.

Please disregard my post and questions.

I have Opti-Coated only two cars both white cars that were my personal cars. Thus I have only 7 post.

I will read and learn and trail and error until I figure the product completely out and what works for me.

Thank you for your help and time,

Bill

I am so sorry I mentioned anything outside the rim of Opti-Coat 2.0 as a superior permanent coating.

Please disregard my post and questions.

I have Opti-Coated only two cars both white cars that were my personal cars. Thus I have only 7 post.

I will read and learn and trail and error until I figure the product completely out and what works for me.

Thank you for your help and time,

Bill

No, don't feel bad at all, Heck. The original poster of that thread that you provided us seems to be a tried-and-true car care fanatic and knows what he's talking about. It was some of the other people's opinions that really irked and irritated me. Like Perfections said, some posters simply love to echo what other posts are saying and will accept this as fact, instead of doing the actual work and separating fact and fiction for himself.

You've gone and done what some of those posters have not done. You've actually worked with OC. I haven't even reached the polishing stage yet....LOL

Archived