Only had this issue twice....

CHALM

Dollar for dollar

Spec to spec

The 849X out performs the Pe-14 in ability.

The 9227C is close, but is closer to the PE -14 than the 849 X.

I would rank the Dewalt 1

Makita 2

Flex 3

Strictly based on ability/specs.

But....if all you're only working on is automotive paint, then you can't go wrong with any of the three.

PE-14......................9227Cx3.......................................849X

10 amp.................. 10 amp.......................................12 amp

6-2100 rpm...........0 - 3000 rpm..............................0-3500 rpm

5.6 lbs........................6.6 lbs.........................................6.5 lbs

15.75" L.......................? ................................................17.3" L

All are technological marvels as opposed to models past. The Dewalt has a more diverse (?) spread of rpm selections than the Makita, thus offering a truer range of speed choices.

Again, if you're only polishing automotive paint, no AirStreams on the horizon :D (LOL), then any of the three will be adequate.

Wow....thanks for the info!!! I had an 849 (the prior model) Dewalt that I sold this summer. I didn't use it that much, due to the fact that my clients didn't want correction. Now all of a sudden, people want correction. I can't win! LOL.

Been there, done that.

I currently have 2 - 849 (older models) that see infrequent service. The 9227C is my go to at the moment - mainly due to the carry bag.

OAN, missed out on a $65 849X Wednesday by several hours...pawnshop here in Maryland.

The 849X is now priced about $158 + $9 shipping Amazon...two days ago.

Great bargains on Craigslist this time of year.

Archived