Which pads for which product?

Dberube

I have a mix of OPT products, and am looking for confirmation of pad selection. I have a GG polisher. For the record, I have the OPT Polish and Compound pads, however know that I'll need more than the 4 I've already purchased and am looking for recommendations (ie stock up on the OPT MF or purchase a variety of Lake Country or others:

- Compound II

- Polish II

- Finish Polish

- Poli Seal

As well, what are best practices for pad maintenance? I have the Blackfire Pad Cleaner, however have no conditioning brush.

As always, I appreciate your expertise and information. Thanks.

For the liquid polishes and compounds I'm a fan of the LC flat pads. Usually yellow, orange, white, gray/black have worked well for me. The yellow pad gets used only a few times a year. I can uaually get away with using the orange to compound and polish. Obviously, making sure not to cross contaminate with one orange pad. However, I have been using the hyper compounds and polishes. I use those with the OPT cutting and polishing MF pads. Everything that OPT makes has been working great for me. Only on very rare occasions do I need to venture out for a compound with more cut. I've never had a product line that I could count on this much. Well.....now I do ;-)

Thanks for your feedback.

I've ordered an assortment of LC CCS pad (the local vendor did not have any other type), and will undertake a trial process with each component and polish / compound combo and go from there.

My first project will be at least a 2 stage correction, so lots of opportunity to test!

MF pads are a good option with Hyper products. Cutting with Hyper Compound and Polishing with Hyper Polish is a good system for OEM paints and you can use a compressor to just blow them out between sections. With everything detailing...it's process over product.

Just to confirm, I can still use the MF with the items I purchased, correct?

Archived