new forum idea Detailing Business forum

ehall

I was thinking that it would be helpful to our members to create an area that would be set aside for the discussion of detailing business practices. It could include topics ranging from customer service ideas to equipment depreciation and financial planning.

I think that would be beneficial to all the members, and shed a little light on the working of the business to entusiasts.

All thoughts on this idea are welcome.

Elliott

I was thinking that it would be helpful to our members to create an area that would be set aside for the discussion of detailing business practices. It could include topics ranging from customer service ideas to equipment depreciation and financial planning.

I think that would be beneficial to all the members, and shed a little light on the working of the business to entusiasts.

All thoughts on this idea are welcome.

Elliott

I would like to have this forum as well but have it based on green detailing practices.

Restrictions will become tighter in the coming years and even an enthusiast can benefit from this.

I would like to have this forum as well but have it based on green detailing practices.

Restrictions will become tighter in the coming years and even an enthusiast can benefit from this.

This is a really good point. Additionally there are current products that may become prohibitively expensive or banned...such as carnauba products. I think a forum of this type could handle a huge number of issues for pros that are facing business decisions, rising costs, advertising advise, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Whenever I have a new client with a full detail I will produce something like this on a matted Photo Paper, suitible for framing, and pass it along with a thank you. The clients have all given positive feedback and seem appreciative. The note reinforces my tag line on my business card "Have Pride and Protect your Ride".

Also, I have been know to throw in a microfiber cloth for wipe downs, etc.....

Does anyone do similar things?

post-109-1181334630_thumb.jpg

I read this some time ago and I have wanted to do something like this from the start but always put it off...sorry about that people.

I'll try and create this later tonight. Great idea and thank you very much :groupwave[1]:

Anthony

I thought of this because I'm considering starting my own detailing business. I'd rather have real guys giving BTDT advice than to read general business stuff. So, I'll have many questions to ask in this new section.

E

• 3 months later...

Start asking questions guys if you want more interaction.

I have a lot of opinions and advice. I wont candy cote it. I may not be correct all the time as well.

I will tell you this don't go into a business half ass. It will hurt you and the entire detailing profession.

Archived