Opti Lens info?

fastmike

Just got Opti guard applied to my car. Now looking for some headlight treatment.

Any info on the upcoming Opti Lens product? How does it compare to Opticoat on headlights?

My lights haven't clouded yet so I think the UV is still ok, would the Opti Lens be better than the factory layer?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Chris- in the case of wetsanding a headlight, how far will it need to be finished down for Opti Lens to look its best? Does it have the ability to cover and fill a surface that is level but not 100% clear to a high gloss?

• 2 weeks later...
Chris- in the case of wetsanding a headlight, how far will it need to be finished down for Opti Lens to look its best? Does it have the ability to cover and fill a surface that is level but not 100% clear to a high gloss?

x2

I'm interested in this, and a rough estimate in how many headlights can get coated with 10cc's.

Also, will there be a version with a warranty? Like Opti-coat pro?

I can't wait to pick this stuff up. I had to redo a headlight restoration this week because a bunch of dust fell in the urethane. That won't be an issue with this stuff. That you Dr g

sent using my thumbs, mispelling most words

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Chris! So far the lens look great, I'll get a real test next week on some very neglected headlights.

I only brought up the layering due to a post on AG where It said Opt-Lens is layerable. I'm glad to hear it is more of a "you can do it" vs. "you should do it" as so far with one coat I am very pleased with the result.

The surface will level and smooth with exposure to heat and UV. I'd wait a couple of days...but you're wasting it to layer it. More is not necessary or better with most or line. Our chemicals and coatings are very efficient and effective with one application.

Archived