Opti Lens info?

fastmike

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Ouch guys ! EASY way to make money . I am too smart to fall for it . 60 bucks ? I realize everyone wants to make money but this is absurd . I am a bit ashamed to use the Optimum line now . I refuse to use this because of price . My clients deserve the best but , when the markup on a product is 1000 % , I cannot/will not use it . MY customers deserve to be treated better than this . The Optimum line is good . Not that good !

This should be a bulk pack . I guess the forum is only for those that do detailing as a business . Regular consumers do not need that much . From a business stand point , it is okay . Still a bit high in my opinion . Everyday people that want something for their vehicles do not wish to spend so much on something that they have no use for . It is a waste . I apologize as I thought the forum was for normal consumers . I will keep any posts I may make in the future to a business approach .

Thanks

This should be a bulk pack . I guess the forum is only for those that do detailing as a business . Regular consumers do not need that much . From a business stand point , it is okay . Still a bit high in my opinion . Everyday people that want something for their vehicles do not wish to spend so much on something that they have no use for . It is a waste . I apologize as I thought the forum was for normal consumers . I will keep any posts I may make in the future to a business approach .

Thanks

This forum is geared toward everyone, there's tons of members that just love to detail their own cars. Opti lens can also be used on trim, so once you coat your lights, coat the trim also :)

Ouch guys ! EASY way to make money . I am too smart to fall for it . 60 bucks ?

I purchased the 10cc version for coating the vehicles I own and some family members too. My intent was not to save it, but to use it all as soon as possible. For me, it is good value for the money.

60 bucks is nothing compared to what I think would happen at most bodyshops if you had hazed headlights and went in asking them to fix it--their fix would be to replace the headlights at a cost of hundreds of dollars. Even if they sanded and cleared, it would be more than $60.

• 7 months later...

I think $29 for half the amount would have been more attractive for typical consumer like me. I plan to use it on my new car and will apply it to headlights, daytime running lights which are separated from my headlights, fog lights, tail lights and side mirror lights.

I'm also doing opti coat 2.0 and my question is could I do opti coat over the opti lens or opti lens over opti coat? I assumed opti coat over opti lens would be better option to have both benefits.

Thank you.

No need to double up, use opti lens on all the plastics you listed above, plus if you have any natural (unpainted) plastics on the car (the windshield cowl comes to mind) coat those with Opti Lens as well.

Thank you for the confirmation on the Opti Lens. I wasn't aware Opti Lens is modified version of Opti Coat.

So is it ok if it accidentally get on some of the painted surfaces or do I need to take extra precaution to keep it off the painted surfaces? I can see it may get on other parts as you apply these on thin trims.

Archived