NRWW and OCW

D4Fan

It is my understanding that ONRWW contains OCW as the wax component. If that is true, then does OCW have a role, if ONRWW is used? If so, what is the role; i.e., when and how should it or could it be used? For example, will it add another layer of wax to provide more protection? How often should it be used? Should it be sprayed on with ONRWW or applied after the car has been washed and dried?

Thanks,

Rich

I've read it's not just ONR with some OCW in it. It's better than that. Before ONRWW came out i was famous for taking ONR and adding 1oz of OCW to the bucket, and I thought that looked pretty good. Then real ONRWW came out and was blown away. Speaking from experience, ONRWW is fantastic. I'm on my 3rd or 4th gallon. Everything I touch is Opti-Guarded/coated my cars and clients. So I don't have a need for OCW after ONR because it won't help anything.

I will say ONRWW on any car, with our without Opti- looks amazing, ONRWW is a quick way to get a great wash and some added protection and brilliant shine of a Wax in a quick process.

Since it's your first post, welcome to the forum!

Whatever the wax component may be in ONRWW, it's certainly very diluted by the water. I suppose regular use would maintain some level of wax protection, but certainly nowhere near a coat or two of full-strength OCW.

I do my rinsless washes with two MF cloths, one soaking wet as a "mop" and one which I continually rinse in the solution and wring near-dry for a second pass, prior to complete drying with a WW towel. That way, I feel I'm absorbing most of the dirty solution prior to my drying pass. If I'm doing an OCW app, I'll spray the wax on after the second pass and use a third soft MF for buffing dry.

Bill

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, Ron@Optimum said:

I'd guess that weekly use, or every 2 weeks, would allow you to skip waxing.

Thanks Ron! I am about to place an order at autogeek. My car has never been clayed for 2 years. So my plan is to use onrww as clay lube with optimum clay towel. Then weekly washing with onrww.

3 hours ago, AKT said:

Thanks Ron! I am about to place an order at autogeek. My car has never been clayed for 2 years. So my plan is to use onrww as clay lube with optimum clay towel. Then weekly washing with onrww.

You can use optimum car wax as clay lube to wash, clay, wax in one step.  Check out the rag company youtube channel for that method.

1 minute ago, The Guz said:

You can use optimum car wax as clay lube to wash, clay, wax in one step.  Check out the rag company youtube channel for that method.

Thanks The Guz! That is actually what brought me to the Optimum line.

i am just being cheap so i want to know if the wax on onrww would be enough protection.

Oops I made a typo.  It should have read to use OCW as part of the wash, clay, wax method and not actually using OCW to wash.  The wax in ONRWW is not as durable as the stand alone wax.  So is it enough?  Tough question to answer.  OCW or even opti seal is not that expensive given how such little product goes a long way. 

7 hours ago, The Guz said:

Oops I made a typo.  It should have read to use OCW as part of the wash, clay, wax method and not actually using OCW to wash.  The wax in ONRWW is not as durable as the stand alone wax.  So is it enough?  Tough question to answer.  OCW or even opti seal is not that expensive given how such little product goes a long way. 

Good point. It is not as expensive as some $250 waxes. Thanks!

Archived