Comments on AutoGlym

Erik W.

I bought my first bottles of AutoGlym back in 1994 to protect my precious SIII Daimler Double Six. I was (am) pretty satisfied with the range, especially the SRP/CP duo (the latter is now called Paint Renovator). I run out both of them but I'd buy them any time. SRP is a forgiving, filler rich polish which acts flawlessly and it produces very nice and functional results on CDs and DVDs too.

I still have some EGP (outstanding shelf life!) and Leather Care and I love them! EGP is durable, looks very warm and inviting and certainly reflective. And the LC was the product (besides some Connolly Hide Food) which touched my Magnolia leather in the DD6. Works great, cleans well, and overall a pleasant product.

I realize that this is an Optimum Forum, but I would like to get peoples thoughts and feelings about Autoglym. I am using it currently and so far, I like the results. Any productive help would be welcomed. Thank You

Hello Erik,

Just so you know, I have no problem at all with anyone talking about any other products, from Autoglym to Zaino. This is a forum which I pay for myself so no sponsors can come in here and have a cow because someone is talking about another product and I intend to keep it this way for as long as I can.

This is the Optimum Forums BUT I allow and welcome chat about all products because, as Dr. G. said to me in a conversation, "If there is a better product out there then we need to know about it so we can improve Optimum".

As for your questions, I have no clue about the products as I've never used them but Bence has used all types of products (product whore :angry: ) so he would be the guy to ask.

Thanks,

Anthony

Just so you know, I have no problem at all with anyone talking about any other products, from Autoglym to Zaino. This is a forum which I pay for myself so no sponsors can come in here and have a cow because someone is talking about another product and I intend to keep it this way for as long as I can.

Cool..... :angry:

I've used Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine and EGP. In our country Malaysia. Before Meguairs came in, this couple of years. The Autoglym was known to be the best in our market. And it has been here if I'm not mistaken for bout more than 10 years. They are good products. Altho I've stop using them these few years.

Optimum products I still need to get them from the US or Singapore. And some other etc stuffs from the US too. :angry:

I realize that this is an Optimum Forum, but I would like to get peoples thoughts and feelings about Autoglym. I am using it currently and so far, I like the results. Any productive help would be welcomed. Thank You

Hiya Erik. I haven't used much of the AG line of products, but I am hooked on their glass polish. I use it as a "deep cleaner" on windshields. It works great when paired up with the white pad that comes with the Porter Cable polisher. It really removes all the gunk and the residual rubber from wiper blades when they go old.

Take care

Autoglym were once among the leaders in the industry but IMO have really fallen behind

The only product of theirs that I use now is Bodyshop 07B for door seals (for the cheaper details when 1Z isn't used)

Their shampoo never impressed me, vinyl and rubber care doesn't last long and attracted dust in my case.

01B polish is great by hand but crap by machine and after trying everything in their range over the years, have simply left them behind. Moved on to lesser known but superior products from california, japan, australia, new zealand, germany and sweden.

• 5 weeks later...
Cool..... :)

I've used Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine and EGP. In our country Malaysia. Before Meguairs came in, this couple of years. The Autoglym was known to be the best in our market. And it has been here if I'm not mistaken for bout more than 10 years. They are good products. Altho I've stop using them these few years.

Optimum products I still need to get them from the US or Singapore. And some other etc stuffs from the US too. :clap2[1]:

Nice to see a fellow Malaysian!

I have used the Autoglym Twins (Super Resin Polish & Extra Gloss Protection) and so far they are good. Durability has been a good 2 1/2 months with no loss of beading properties. Both were applied by hand, 3 rounds for each product.

The SRP is a decent AIO, and I will use that sometimes if I need a filler product. EGP glows more than shine, which is probably good for warmer or darker colors.

I have used their polish/light compund 02B and it has only about 1/5 of work time of Optimum Compound. It dusts more than OC also.

I agree with SVR that they seem to have fallen behind times now. :clap2[1]:

Archived