MDR Mineral Deposit Remover

Ron Harris

Optimum MDR™ Mineral Deposit Remover is the most advanced cleaner that dissolves and removes mineral deposits and other contaminants from exterior automotive surfaces. It is a non-abrasive chemical cleaner that will dissolve and remove water based contaminants without the need to polish or abrade the surface.

Simply wipe Optimum MDR™ on painted or other automotive surfaces to dissolve and remove minerals.

A combination of acids and cleaning agents will break down and dissolve these contaminants and make the surface clean and smooth again witout affecting or removing paint!

Directions:

1. Pour Optimum MDR™ on a clean microfiber towel or foam applicator.
  2. Wipe on the surface and work it in for 30 - 60 seconds.
  3. Wipe off the residue and check to see if the surface is clean and free of mineral deposits.
  4. Repeat the above steps as required to remove any remaining contaminants.
  5. Wash the surface to remove any remaining chemical residue.

MDR2014_1685-500x500.jpg

Ron - any knowledge of how this will work on boat waterspots? I'm using something else on my boat from Boatcandy called Speed Gloss and it works great. Spray on and wipe off.

Does it need to be wiped on instead of sprayed on and let it dwell?

I wish I could give you bette feedback on this one. I've only used MDR to remove spotting from sprinklers.

After looking up Speed Gloss it appears to be more of an all in one type of quick detailer.

MDR is specific water spot remover and is acidic. So you're going to remove most waxes and sealants if you use it.

Thanks Ron. Luckily the boat has Opti-Coat v2 on it. :kicking[1]:

I was using Vinegar mixed 50/50 with water, then doing a ONRWW wash after every use. Was a PIA.

Where we waterski/board the water is hard and leaves a spot immediately. So at the ramp after I pull it out, I wipe off any excess water with MF, then spray down with Speedgloss and go over it again with a clean MF....comes out perfect. Not spots, nice gloss.

Regardless I'm ordering MDR because i'll try just about anything Optimum puts out.

I'll report back my findings when I get her out of storage !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm hoping this works.....

This morning I stopped at the touchless and just gave the car a spray with rinse water, no soap. Got to work, was distracted and didn't dry it off. Now I have water spots that won't come off. Gave it an ONR wash, no good.

I'm pissed....

On 13/05/2017 at 2:49 AM, Mer2112 said:

I'm hoping this works.....

This morning I stopped at the touchless and just gave the car a spray with rinse water, no soap. Got to work, was distracted and didn't dry it off. Now I have water spots that won't come off. Gave it an ONR wash, no good.

I'm pissed....

Sounds like some MDR is exactly what you want.

1 minute ago, Lowejackson said:

As an aside, when an American says he is pissed, it means he is angry.  In the UK it means he is very drunk!

Ha, yes angry right now. However, if these spots don't come out...... :P