Optimum Carpet & Fabric Cleaner & Protectant

Reading the label indicates you can dilute the product to as much as 1:10, however most people and this forum suggest 1:3?

Also, I attempted to foam a 1:7 solution using an IK sprayer and found it was to forceful, and didn’t get the foaming I was looking for as the seats were just as wet as if I’d sprayed it with a fluid sprayer.  I’m curious if the product requires any dry time?

I went back over the material with an extractor and wondering if the protectionthat was applied was extracted away?  Next time I’ll use a regular sprayer way less forceful and more controllable and hopefully won’t require an extraction. 

3/1 is best in a foamer. Use the dry foam attachment that comes with the IK. For cloth seats I like to polish off the dirt with a wool pad on a rotary. 

Ron

The attachment I sent was from Optimums label. I removed it from the bottle I bought locally at The Rag Company last week. I couldn’t load the the whole photo, because it was too larger, I created a pdf and cropped it. I was told that the ratio was 3:1 by Levi, but I read the label and decided to try it at 7:1. 

I’d be happy to send you a picture of the compete  bottle label so you know what I’m talking about. I assume that someone else could misinterprete it as I did or maybe I’m just not understanding. I don’t think your arguing and I don’t disagree with your statement about the ratio. I’m more concerned with my interpretation of the label. I can’t attach the label in this forum but would be happy to send it another way. Thanks Ron

no need, I contacted the office (I don't live in Memphis or work out of the office), there was a label update in 2017 that reflects what you say.  I have old product with old labels.  The online store only has the 1:3 ratio listed for some reason.  Sorry I doubted you...

I think it was worth the discussion in case someone else reads the label, but does that mean a 1:10 ratio could be used as the label indicates even though we’ve discusssd the 1:3. I’m interested in trying it with the correct foam tip at a 1:10 ratio to see if I get the same experience.  If I do I’ll update this thread. Otherwise thanks for the information. lol 

like many concentrates (Power Clean comes to mind), Optimum directions are based on most common usage, but experience and experimentation lead to a variety of different mix ratios.  The original directions were based on spray, but foamers and extractors presented new opportunities.  Our directions are guidelines for "best practices" but not hard and fast rules.  The new OCFCP labels reflected successful experimentation with alternate applications/mixes.