Favorite ONR Mitt

Steve H

Well after trying several types of mitts (Lambswool,cloth,MF, imitation wool) I think I have found my favorite when it comes to using No Rinse. I just found these at Costco this week for $10.99. There are three in a pack and it comes with two large MF drying towels. (I'll probably relegate them to another task as I prefer the WW-MF for drying)

Fluffymitts.jpg

I have had other versions of these mitts, but these from Costco really seem to hold a LOT of cleaning solution and are very very soft! If you should find some, I highly recommend them.

Thanks for the heads up Steve. I'll have to take a look at Costco once they start getting their car wash items in.....must be seasonal items in my area (Central VA).

I have been using something very similar from Vroom and like it a lot, but the Costco deal is a great price.

I got a VERY similar looking green wash mitt from Autozone recently, is this one of the "other versions" of that wash mitt that you were referring to?

Hey Brad. The one I am referring to is one I picked up at Walmart. I think they are made/imported by Eurow.

For the sake of everyone reading this topic I figured I'd post a pic of the similar looking wash mitt I got from Autozone. I haven't really had a chance to try it yet so I can't comment on the performance, but it was recommended to me by someone on this forum in a thread I started about wash mitts for ONR. I should mention the color is actually a lot closer to the green one posted by Steve, the lighting was just a bit weird when I took the pic. Enjoy!

ed205_HPIM1729.jpg

Besides the Costco price, what are you guys paying for these mitts?

We are considering an order for 2000 of them, but want to be competitive.

Thanks, Rob

Rob,

I seem to recall seeing this mitts average from $5.00 (Wally mart) on up to about $9.95 (Chemical guys).

Steve

Thanks!

I can get them done and for sale for less than $5 in quantities of 5 or so. Am also taking in some samples of new towels from factory in Korea and will get some more pricing.

So far, I am using a mitt that is lined so it's more firm than my floppy mf green ones-better for dust on interiors. I think in this case, it may come down to preference as the product seems to be the most important part of the process, short of using steel wool or sandpaper with it! :)

Rob

Hey Brad. The one I am referring to is one I picked up at Walmart. I think they are made/imported by Eurow.

Actually Eurow lost its sheepskin contract (Except the super walmart) with Walmart due to this mitt. Walmart saved $.01 per product and went with the dreadlock mit.

And for the record..................Im a sheepskinner with ONR.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks!

I can get them done and for sale for less than $5 in quantities of 5 or so. Am also taking in some samples of new towels from factory in Korea and will get some more pricing.

So far, I am using a mitt that is lined so it's more firm than my floppy mf green ones-better for dust on interiors. I think in this case, it may come down to preference as the product seems to be the most important part of the process, short of using steel wool or sandpaper with it! :)

Rob

Rob,

Does anyone make a sponge covered with some of the new plush microfiber? I think this would be great for use with ONR--long fibers like a sheepskin mit, but you wouldn't have to worry about the cuff causing scratches.

Paul

That would be pretty cool looking.. haven't seen it done as the stitching of the longer fibers might not have enough to "hold" them in place within a sponge, but understand about the cuff.

I'm looking at a type where the mitt is one-sided and the other side is where your hand goes- no cuff.

Rob

How do you all think this "Cobra Bone" would work with ONR? It seems to be a plush microfiber on a sponge that would move the dirt away from the finish.

http://www.autogeek.net/the-bone.html

PWAUG I think that mitt would probably work fine as long as it released the dirt out of the fibers when put back in the bucket. That being said, I think many of the MF towels, mitts, soft chenille, and sheepskins would probably do a good job with ONR as long as you use them correctly and gently. I took a bunch of hits on one of the other websites for my saying how I liked the "dreadlock" style wash mitts. A bunch of the posters said how badly I was marring the paint and that I need to switch to a grout sponge. I respect others opinions, but to date, I don't see any washing swirls or scratches in my paint. I just don't use a lot of pressure when I wash....

Archived