G-p-s before opti gloss?

Guest Jgarcia

Guest Jgarcia

Hello there,

I am new to the forum and detailing. I am doing this as a part time business hobby which I tackle on my days off on friends cars. I am hoping this will eventually turn into a full time venture as I have very high standards for detailing and really like to see excellent results.

I have detailed a few cars now with a porter cable da and other polishes with good results but want to take my detailing to the next level. I just acquired a flex 3401 and some optimum products, cleaners, opc, etc.

I just got some liquid polishes and gps and some opti gloss. My question is:

Should I remove the gps oils with a polish cleaner (such as eraser) before applying opti gloss?

Thank you very much

Guest Jgarcia

Excellent, sorry for the double tap on the the threads, I was using an IPAD and it was not showing the new thread....

I got some eraser to remove oils, I am wondering if I should bother with GPS.

The car I am going to detail is a 2015 GOLF GTI. It has tons of webbing marks inflicted by washing at the dealership/poor detailing so I am wanting to achieve best results with the least aggressive method first...

Which is why I was considering GPS but maybe it does not have enough cut to achieve this.

I also got Hyper Compound and Polish, and Optimum Finish. So I have options, just that never use GPS before and not sure how to approach this method.

The owner of this car has a very critical eye and is looking for swirl free finish with the least amount of paint removal possible.

you will probably need greater correction than GPS can provide - I'd start with Hyper Polish and if more cut is needed, go to Hyper Compound. If you use those products, just a wet microfiber wipe down to remove any residue. If you use GPS, you will need to use eraser or another aggressive cleaner to remove the sealant oils.

Guest Jgarcia

thanks for the feedback, I will start with the polish and go from there.

What is the ideal scenario to use GPS with? would it be something to apply a few months after the application of OPTI GLOSS? will the GPS remove the Opti Gloss?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived