Brushes and cleaning accessories

gbackus

So now that it's that time of year to undo the abuse and neglect on the personal vehicles, I figured it would be the perfect time to clean out the "closet" and pick up an entirely new set of brushes and cleaning accessories. I'm already set on towels, pads, and chemicals.

Normally I'd use my steamer for 90% of all interior cleaning, but the cheapy I had is broken and I can't afford an industrial unit right now, so I'm going to have to completely redo my interior process(at the least ill pick up a small compressor).

Also, I live by the "less is more mantra", so I like to get the job done with the least amount of chemicals, least amount of tools, and least amount of time to do something right, so suggestions along these lines are best :beerchug[1]:

Specifically, here's some stuff I'm looking for.

Wheel brushes(face brushes as well as something to reach deep into the wheel itself)

Wheel well brush(es) (ideally something that can fit into the super tight wells of an Audi or BMW, and that will also work well with the power clean/no rinse combo)

Tire Brush

Exterior brush for slotted and honeycomb plastic grills

Vinyl and/or leather brush

Crevice brush(something that would work well in conjunction with compressed air)

carpet brush(although I'm thinking about picking up some of those rotary style brushes Bud A sells)

Funny, Meguiars basically had brushes for all of those tasks. I don't recommend them since for bulk work they wear so fast. I just bought OXO brushes, they are mediocre for the price. Think I might go with New England brushes since they have wooden handle. EZ Detail Brush would be good as well.

Otherwise no ideas, most of the tools I've seen used are what people find locally, then add it to their regimen. AG sells some nice leather & crevice brushes, all the tan handles.

Funny, Meguiars basically had brushes for all of those tasks. I don't recommend them since for bulk work they wear so fast. I just bought OXO brushes, they are mediocre for the price. Think I might go with New England brushes since they have wooden handle. EZ Detail Brush would be good as well.

Otherwise no ideas, most of the tools I've seen used are what people find locally, then add it to their regimen. AG sells some nice leather & crevice brushes, all the tan handles.

All the brushes I just threw out were Meguiar's, and most of the stuff I can get locally is crap LOL

Qbackus...have you checked out the Sm Arnold line of brushes? Most of their stuff is body shop / pro quality. Heavy platics with well crimped bristles etc.

Qbackus...have you checked out the Sm Arnold line of brushes? Most of their stuff is body shop / pro quality. Heavy platics with well crimped bristles etc.

I really like SM Arnold products, unfortunately the backwards ass detail supply vendors out here don't carry schnike and won't order anything they don't normally keep in stock, and diycleaning will kill you on shipping ;)

If you know any other good online vendors I'd appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

This is sort of a late reply, but I recently bought a wheel brush that has made my life a lot easier. Prior to buying this brush I was using an OTC long handled wheel brush and then two smaller BHB's from Griots to get where that wheel brush couldn't reach. My new brush does a great job of getting into all of the nooks and crannies so it makes my wheel cleaning almost fun.

The brush in question is the World's Greatest Boar's Hair Wheel Brush. I had been looking at similar BHB wheel brushes for at least a couple of years but kept putting it off.

For wheels I use the EZ brush which is made for motorbikes but works great on cars also. For tires I really only use my pressure washer and degreaser, for my maintenance cars I really only wipe them down with ONR and a microfiber.

Carpets I use no brush but rather use my steamer or a microfiber towel damp. For wheel wells I found a nice flagged brush some time ago at WallyMart. It's blue with a nice long handle and works pretty good but again for my regulars I clean wheels wells with a MF dipped in ONR.

I use a boars hair vent brush for interiors and some make-up type brushes for exterior.

Anthony

Archived