FOAM GUN & CAR WASH

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks, Anthony. I'll remember "less is more" its hard for me to see ANYTHING with these two colors. We've had parties before when things got all foamy. I'll certainly take pictures.

Anthony, everything you said about OptiSeal is true--especially the part about "less is more" It worked out just fine. By the time I finished, it was easy.

Thank you very much, Sir.

• 2 weeks later...
if using foam gun with OPT Car wash, do we need high pressure or we can just use water running from tap? do we need extra pressure to produce foam?

I just attached it to the regular tap and got suds galore. When I rinsed, it resembled a white wave oozing toward the street.

HAVE FUN!

• 3 months later...

which should I get ?

the half or quart gallon size ?

i'll be doing one car at a time . when will be doing the spray as I wipe the mitt over .

would it use up the whole thing and need me to refill halfway thru ?

thanks for your advice bud.

I will still be using a rinse bucket.

only thing I will be leaving out is the bucket of shampoo, which I will be relying on the foam gun for .

spray as the mitt travels on the panels. and then rinse bucket after each panel.

so its foam gun + 1 rinse bucket method.

hope that should be safe enough..

• 3 weeks later...

Update - I finally got my quart foam gun in .

can't wait to play this weekend !

one thing I noticed in the instructions is to "maintain" and "cleanse" it after use .

How is everyone doing theirs after the wash ?

Before that, I thought we could just leave the soap solution in the bottle and leave it as it is without any "cleaning" after using it... hmm

Update - I finally got my quart foam gun in .

can't wait to play this weekend !

one thing I noticed in the instructions is to "maintain" and "cleanse" it after use .

How is everyone doing theirs after the wash ?

Before that, I thought we could just leave the soap solution in the bottle and leave it as it is without any "cleaning" after using it... hmm

I was told by one of the "pros" here that Opt car wash was mild enough to leave it in the jar. I did that during "pollen season." It worked fine last week when I used it to wash the slate sidewalk and porch. It did a super dandy job on that. I probably won't use it again until the pollen comes again. Unless the city puts that brine on the streets in anticipation of snow.(that we don't get any more) As long as I have ONR I'm reasonably contented.

• 8 months later...

sorry for bringing up an old topic...anyone here ever use foam lance...the one connected to pressure washer...what's the best dillution ratio? can i mix opt car wash n power clean? what mixture?

thanks

do you mean OPC= PowerClean? Sorry I wasn't following your acronyms, hehe.

I have used PowerClean in there at about 6-8oz per 32 oz bottle as like a decontaminating wash, but I have since started using PowerClean as my claylube to save product. So, pre-polish routine is: Clean wheels, tires, engine and jambs with spray on degreaser or PowerClean (includes lower panels and bug removal from front and mirrors). Foam cannon soak with 2oz OpimumCarWash mixed with 30oz tapwater (regulator about 3/4 open on my CamSpray). Use soft brushes around glass, trim, behind door handles and gas door. Use MicroFiber mitt on glass and flat surfaces. Pressure rinse. Blowdry with electric blower. Towel dry remaining water away using OptimumInstantDetailer as a gloss improver and drying agent to prevent spotting.

Sorry if I gave too much info, but I just figured I'd go thru my whole process for ya.

Yes i mean OPC=Optimum Power Clean..are you sure you use OPT power clean as clay lube? won't it rip the clay apart? thanks for the complete whole proccess info..really appreciate it

I got the idea from Ron Harris and probably wouldn't have ever thought to try it personally, but yes it works very well. I have used it with Meg's White clay, 3m blue clay, Illegal yellow and blue stuff (hehe) and never had it disintegrate.

wow..i have never thought of it before...i will try on my next detail..is it more economical than using ONR as clay lube?

• 1 year later...
In the tank mix 3:1 water to Optimum Carwash, then set the slider to the 3rd hole from the left (4:1). that'll give you 1 oz per gallon on the vehicle

Hi. Just to confirm, would the above ratios apply to this type of foam gun (and is one more recommended than the other for OCWC, I can't tell much difference):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Y190W...m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

or

http://www.amazon.com/Gilmour-75QGFMR-Foam...ref=pd_sbs_ol_1

Also, they don't say how much water they hold, but for arguments-sake let's say they held 30 ounces of water. I would then put 10 ounces of OCWC, resulting in a 3:1 ratio?

Then use a 4:1 ratio setting on the gun itself?

Thanks!!

Archived