Water spots after just applying optimum gloss coat

pdthas

It's been 2 weeks after I applied the optimum gloss coat and today I gave it a first wash. It's been sitting outside the whole time and was exposed to several rain storms. Needless to say, it was a bit dirty. However, after I applied the optimum gloss coat, it had a full 24 hours of cure time where it was able to sit outside without any exposure to water. It did rain shortly thereafter though.

here's a pic of the spots: http://imgur.com/641fHCb

I can't seem to remove it with optimum rinse and shine. It's mostly on the hood of the car if that makes a difference.

Any idea what might be going on and how to remove them? Will they disappear by themselves if I leave them alone?

The pictures do appear to be water spots. Are you sure they came from rain - true water spots are mineral residue left after water evaporates and come from hard water (sprinklers, hoses, etc) not rain? They may fade in time or you can try to remove with a vinegar solution or Optimum MDR (Mineral Deposit Remover).

It could be sprinklers but It seems early in the season for them to be on where I live. If I wait to see if they they will fade in time is it possible that the water spots might etch into the clear coat and become more difficult to remove? Or does the opti gloss coat protect that from happening?

Archived