OPP - Has anyone tried it on leather shoes?

door_jam

I have tried it, works quite well. The key seems to be keeping the shoes dry for a day after application. The finish is a nice clean look but it will not give that military ultra high gloss which some like. I don't have any Opti-bond but that could be an interesting test

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

For anyone who is tempted to try OID on their shoes, be careful. I never thought of OID having much durability on a car but if used on shoes then make sure any overspray does not get inside the shoe unless you want that strange feeling of your feet moving around the shoe whilst walking. On the inside of a shoe OID has impressive durability

I give up...I tried to convince Dr G to have a contest to identify the most exotic/unusual use of an Optimum product. He wasn't buying. I used GPS on kitchen/bathroom counters and had a realtor tell me they looked new. What other unique ways have people used Optimum products?

ONR and OCW as a bathroom tile cleaner and protectant.

OC 2.0 as a wash sink protectant.

I once tried hyper polish with a DA on a bathroom sink to remove mineral deposit (didn't remove 100%, maybe I should have used a hex orange pad instead of white). I cant get MDR here...wish I could.

ONR as a glass cleaner, bike cleaner, car interior cleaner, computer screen cleaner...you know...the usual.

• 2 weeks later...

In addition to using GPS on obvious things like shoes and coins, I also use ONR on most things but one of the best things which is not talked about a lot is carpet. This is especially useful in an emergency situation which always seems to occur with children and dogs and for quick cleaning of a carpet interior.

Today I found an very old pliers which had rusted up. Quick spray of a famous water dispersant did not do very much but Ferrex worked wonders.

Optibond on shoes

If Power Clean was cheaper I am sure there are lots of things I could try but one thing which has worked well is to dilute it with diluted ONR, makes wiping off even easier

ONR with IPA, great on glass

ONR as a polish oil remover

Was wondering bout onr and ipa myself but never tryed it as I thought ipa will mess with the polymers. How do you mix it.

What dillution do you use it for polish remover (standard 256:1 or stronger)?

Archived