A&J

Difference between GPS and poli-seal

8 posts in this topic

This was probarbly answered somewhere but again...What is the difference between GPS and Poli-seal.

Both are supose to be "cleaner waxes" but which is more agressive?

Do they contain the same sealant?

Has anyone tested the durability side by side? Which lasts longer without being toped with wax?

SvetaElJeofe likes this

I will answer what I can - obvious difference is spray vs. paste. GPS has slightly more cut than Poli-Seal (so I've been told, have only used GPS). Poli-Seal works better with hand application than GPS. I'm guessing the sealant component is the same in both and I would expect the same durability. Others may have more/better experience than I...

Not directly compared them but from memory poliseal worked well by hand whereas I think GPS is much better by machine and is ok by hand. Durability seems to be about a month with GPS but works well as a base for OCW or Opti-seal.

Years ago someone (Kevin Brown?) did a very interesting test with the Duragloss AIO and found it was very good with a compounding pad, I do wonder how GPS would work under the same test

19 minutes ago, A&J said:

Is poli-seal OPT mildest polish?

Good question, if we assume poliseal has a similar abrasive level to GPS then it will be very mild but I do wonder how it would compare to the finishing polish, which I have not tried

I have read from Yvan (I think) that GPS has more cut than Poli Seal, and hence is best by machine and Poli Seal is the better option if working by hand. I cant remember the source, but also read GPS uses the same abrasives as Opt Finish polish - this may or may not be true?