Difference between GPS and poli-seal

A&J

This was probarbly answered somewhere but again...What is the difference between GPS and Poli-seal.

Both are supose to be "cleaner waxes" but which is more agressive?

Do they contain the same sealant?

Has anyone tested the durability side by side? Which lasts longer without being toped with wax?

I will answer what I can - obvious difference is spray vs. paste. GPS has slightly more cut than Poli-Seal (so I've been told, have only used GPS). Poli-Seal works better with hand application than GPS. I'm guessing the sealant component is the same in both and I would expect the same durability. Others may have more/better experience than I...

Not directly compared them but from memory poliseal worked well by hand whereas I think GPS is much better by machine and is ok by hand. Durability seems to be about a month with GPS but works well as a base for OCW or Opti-seal.

Years ago someone (Kevin Brown?) did a very interesting test with the Duragloss AIO and found it was very good with a compounding pad, I do wonder how GPS would work under the same test

• 9 months later...

I have read from Yvan (I think) that GPS has more cut than Poli Seal, and hence is best by machine and Poli Seal is the better option if working by hand. I cant remember the source, but also read GPS uses the same abrasives as Opt Finish polish - this may or may not be true?

• 10 months later...

as far as which to use, would GPS be completely excluded from hand application? I've never used a machine polisher, and I have a car with sporty lips and dips and all kinds of contours which I fear a polisher would have a tough time (with my abilities). To remove swirls on a black daily driver, my plan of attack was to apply it by hand on tough-to-reach corners of the car. is GPS just not as effective as a paste like Poli-Seal?

not my car, but great examples of where I think i'd use a hand application:

rear valance

front lip

I would be happy to use either product.  If I was forced to use one by hand then maybe I would choose Poliseal which I think was recently tweaked.   Spot pads are perfect for lips and dips plus you can lower the speed of a polisher in these areas to reduce the risks.  Nothing wrong with working by hand as long as your expectations are not for perfection

• 2 years later...

I'm still mourning the loss of Poli-Seal and the lotion polishes.  I tried to use my GPS a couple of weeks ago every time I shook it solvent leaked out of the stem and got all over me.  Probably this has something to do with the replacement sprayer I had to put on the bottle because the original clogged and broke.  I may just have to transfer it to a squeeze bottle, but at any rate, I was missing Poli-Seal (I still have a little bit, but I'm now afraid to use it because I can't get any more).