2016 SEMA Speculation Thread

Setec Astronomy

Wow, that's crazy. I know Dr. G like to make everything in-house, so I can see that with the bedliner...but I'm having a hard time picturing them making PPF since that's a bit of different animal from "chemicals". I guess we'll have to wait another few weeks to hear what differentiates the film from the other well-known PPF's you mention.

Thanks for the info.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good info Guz. Looks like they want to the one stop shop! Buy a new truck and get Pro coating, clear bar, interior coated, and a bedliner all at one place from the same company. And I hear rumors about a tire coating? Wow!

They just need something for rust proofing. IMO that would be the most important. All the above stuff is nice but useless if the truck rusts out from under you.

I guess we'll have to wait another few weeks to hear what differentiates the film from the other well-known PPF's you mention.

All I heard was that it doesnt have orange peel like the rest of PPFs...Im guessing but if its anything like other OPT products it will be somehow easyer to use than others.

I love the speculation! I can confirm Optimum clear film and a bed liner will be introduced at SEMA. There might be other related products as well. All Optimum chemicals are produced at the Memphis facility, but other "hard" products like film, Zentool, towels, pads, etc are manufactured to our specifications by quality suppliers.

So there are 2 bedliner products, the Ultimate Film, and a new motorcycle line/warranty program. Will have to see what pops up later...

That is some good stuff coming out. Makes sense seeing as the topic of discussion on the rag company youtube channel was highlighting motorcycle detailing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived