Optimum Hyper Compound dusting. What am I doing wrong?

bird-keeper

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a review of Intensive Polish, see any post prior to 2015 for Hyper Compound. Hyper Compound morphed into Intensive Polish when Dr G developed a more corrective formula that is the New Hyper Compound.

Yeah, but Ron...there was only a short window that what is now Intensive Polish was Hyper Compound. For most of the time Hyper Compound was blue, then for a short time it was changed to orange, before the orange became Intensive Polish and the current white Hyper Compound was introduced. So most of the posts prior to 2015 are going to be for the blue version.

Someday my friend, someday. Ill probably buy it next spring because I don't expect doing much correction over winter.

You guys complain about not having much info on hyper compound...well there is zero information, reviews or mentions on Intensive polish!!! I wish someone would make a long comparison review with all three polishes (compound, intensive polish, hyper polish) on a neglected car using multiple pads. That would be interesting to read.

A&J, where is your commitment to the cause? Just because it is raining and extremely cold I do not really understand why you would not want to get straight into it :)

It would be very interesting to read some reviews of the Hyper range and how to get the best from them.

A&J, where is your commitment to the cause? Just because it is raining and extremely cold I do not really understand why you would not want to get straight into it :)

My 3 year old and 3 month sons keep me quite busy these days.

I'm still searching for perfect pads to use with my DA polisher and hyper polish. Maybe Ill give Lace country CCS pads a go some day.

changing product colors doesn't necessarily indicate formula changes...

Ron, it was pretty well documented that there was a formula change at the time Hyper Polish was changed from pink to blue, and Hyper Compound was changed from blue to orange.

Yes the 2 have been reformulated, but it's a running change, an evolution of sorts, not a wholesale reformulation. Yes the colours have changed, Compound will have an orange tint, and Polish is blue. I have tried the compound, and it's an improvement (more cut, better finish) but they are incremental improvements, so be assured what you have is still good.

I think Ron is trying to say that the old Hyper compound was re-formulated and became the new Hyper compound giving it more cut and different color while the old version was just re-named to Intensive polish...If I assume correctly.

A&J, that's exactly what I was saying - Hyper Compound became Intensive Polish and changed colors, but not formula.

But that's incorrect, as you can see from Yvan's quote that I posted above. The first change was when Hyper Compound was changed from blue to orange, with a change in formula. Then later the orange Hyper Compound became Intensive Polish and the white Hyper Compound was added. There was no time when it changed colors but didn't change formula, any way you want to look at it. When it changed from blue to orange, the formula changed. When it changed from orange to white (if you want to look at it that way), the formula changed.

Archived