Optimum car care review

A&J

Actually a very good product review and surprisingly knowledgeable. Some additional information, curing time for Gloss-Coat is a minimum of 1 hour (not 24 hours as mentioned), and he used too much product, could coat the whole fender with 9 drops. I think he acknowledged that later.

I enjoyed the video. Seemed a lot of time went into this and think it could be very helpful for many people. Shame there was no mention of quite a few products like GPS but maybe a two hour review would be too much. Maybe a second video using the products he had but did not cover would be ideal.

Great work A&J for finding this

Also I personally never let Gloss coat flash for 2min like he said and did...With me it always flashed about 80% in the first 20-30s so I always wiped it after that time. Like you said Ron...for that small panel he used too much product.

He said he had help from OPT representatives and as far as I understood he got the stuff for free from OPT. He also said he wanted to keep the video short so he did not had the time to try the entire range. I would like a opinion on GPS as well as you Lowejackson.

He mentioned Patrick and Edwin, Optimum's biggest European distributors, also Yvan, and his knowledge was beyond what is available from a cursory search. Podcasts provided some background on David and his Ford story for the Hyper line is accurate. FYI, David developed Optimum Finish in conjunction with the Corvette plant for similar issues (minor corrections out of the paint booth). It sounded like he planned some ongoing tests.

Great catch, A&J!

Archived