New member No. California

gspam1

Did my first ONR wash with multiple micro-fiber cloths. Dipping a BRS in a bucket of dirty water is still a bridge too far for me :) Very happy with ONR!

If the bridge too far is the dirty water, you can do what I do, and use a rinse bucket, then you're only dipping the wash media into clean ONR. I usually put 2 gallons of water in the rinse bucket with 1/4 oz of ONR. Then I usually only need a half gallon of regular-strength ONR in the "wash" bucket.

If the bridge too far is the dirty water, you can do what I do, and use a rinse bucket, then you're only dipping the wash media into clean ONR. I usually put 2 gallons of water in the rinse bucket with 1/4 oz of ONR. Then I usually only need a half gallon of regular-strength ONR in the "wash" bucket.

Yes, this sounds like the best solution if reusing the same sponge. Maybe one BRS for each panel?

Yes, this sounds like the best solution if reusing the same sponge. Maybe one BRS for each panel?

That's a bit excessive as well as being one expensive wash. Each BRS is about $20.

If using 2 buckets it is recommended to use the same dilution of ONR. There are lots of great videos on the rag company youtube channel discussing the BRS and ONR.

One bucket is all that is really needed with a grit guard. Use the grit guard to agitate the sponge to release the dirt to the bottom of the bucket.

I would also recommend cutting an inch of the legs of the grit guard to allow you to have more access to the ONR solution That was a tip from Yvan Lacroix. Works great.

I clean my BRS every few washes with APC, massage it with my hands and then rinse it out. After that it goes back into a bucket of ONR with a gamma seal lid. Been doing this for 7 1/2 months now.

I was skeptical at one time and somewhat resistant to using the BRS + ONR but after trying it, I don't see myself going back to the multi-microfiber approach.

Here's an interesting photo I took as I was emptying my bucket to make another batch of ONR. This same solution had seen a handful of washes. The dirt is taken to the bottom of the bucket while the ONR solution is still clear. I am convinced at the science behind ONR.

IMG_7344a.jpg

Ive been using the same sponge for almost 2 years now and never had a problem with it. Its not BRS but I find it better to use than microfiber towels because it releases so much water and dirt.

I dont suggest you machine wash it but like Guz said, every now and then spray it with APC and rinse it. That should be enough.

Dont complicate too much...it makes your head hurt :spoton[1]:

I'll have to order a BRS and see how clean it gets rinsing it out. I can see it would save a lot of time over 10 microfiber rags. Can you machine wash the sponge?

Wash it by hand.

Ive been using the same sponge for almost 2 years now and never had a problem with it. Its not BRS but I find it better to use than microfiber towels because it releases so much water and dirt.

I dont suggest you machine wash it but like Guz said, every now and then spray it with APC and rinse it. That should be enough.

Dont complicate too much...it makes your head hurt :spoton[1]:

I don't machine wash it. I spray APC, work it in with my hands and rinse the sponge out.

Have one on order from the Rag Company. Not a big investment if I destroy it by over cleaning. I use a table top clothes washers just for my micro-fiber so I can wash it in ONR and see how it holds up. I'll report back after I run it through ten cycles or so.

Archived