Amazing Carpet Cleaner

I had a bottle of this ready to use. I have tried it on my carpets but my carpets are clean so I could not really judge the products performance.

Well I had the opportunity to give it a try on my aunt's lexus that had a pretty beat up interior. I don't think it's ever been cleaned since she bought it used lol. I used it straight undiluted.

I must say that I was impressed with the cleaning power of this. I don't own an extractor. But even by hand the results were amazing. It just convinced me to buy the bigger size :thumbsupup[1]: .

Steps I did to clean the carpets:

1. Brushed off the carpets to remove any loose dirt.

2. Vacuumed

3. Sprayed with Optimum Carpet & Fabric Cleaner & Protectant

4. Agitated with a brush

5. Wiped with terry towels to remove the loose dirt

6. Vacuumed one last time before they went back in the car

This is the passenger side carpet. I should have taken a photo of the drivers side. That one was worse. It came out as clean as this one.

IMG_0137a.jpg

IMG_0136a.jpg

One of the rear carpets

IMG_0145a.jpg

IMG_0146a.jpg

I touched up areas inside the actual car as well. Did a great job on those areas. Especially since the carpet is tan.

IMG_0188a.jpg

Jesus the before and after on the front carpet is amazing! Did you have to repeat or was that one go at the front carpet?

Nice work Guz!

How much of the product did you use?

BTW because of the praise of this product on the podcast I put it on my "to buy" list for 2017. That and some other OPT products.

It was one heavy application of carpet cleaner on the fronts. Not as heavy on the rears. I did not want to run out of product lol.

The scrubbing with the brush and cleaning up with a terry towel pulled up a lot of the dirt and grime. I kept pulling stuff out of the carpet. I could not believe how much stuff I was pulling off. Those terry towels were thrown away after. They were nasty. I should have taken a photo of how black they were. The previous carpet cleaners I had didn't do this good of a job.

I previously used about 1/4 of the bottle before I used it on this one. I have about 1/4 of the 8oz bottle left after using it on these Lexus floor mats.

I can see why it gets all this praise. It did an awesome job on these carpets. I think you will be happy with it. I am curious to see if the carpets will stay cleaner with the built in protectant.

Very nice work. I really should try this product one day but laziness stops me from ordering from Europe as it is not sold in the UK. The Guz, I noticed your write up on another forum and just wanted to say you did a great job with that car, even if you used non OPT products :)

Very nice work. I really should try this product one day but laziness stops me from ordering from Europe as it is not sold in the UK. The Guz, I noticed your write up on another forum and just wanted to say you did a great job with that car, even if you used non OPT products :)

I'm surprised it's not sold there.

Thanks. The car came out great. I debated between that sealant or opti-seal and it was pretty much a coin flip.

• 8 months later...

I have a vacuum cleaner with aquafilter. I have my way of cleaning any carpet that I consider extremely effective. I take a liquid cleaner - is not particularly important which one, I put it with water on the rug, I wipe it with a good sponge, I give a little to stand and soak. Then all this muddy liquid I vacuum , wash with clean water and let dry. The result is excellent.

12 hours ago, Alakey said:

I have a vacuum cleaner with aquafilter. I have my way of cleaning any carpet that I consider extremely effective. I take a liquid cleaner - is not particularly important which one, I put it with water on the rug, I wipe it with a good sponge, I give a little to stand and soak. Then all this muddy liquid I vacuum , wash with clean water and let dry. The result is excellent.

Try the optimum carpet cleaner.  It works really well. 

• 2 years later...