Ron@Optimum

Temporary Forum Shutdown

31 posts in this topic

The Optimum Forum will be offline at 9 PM Central on Friday, February 17, until completed. An updated Forum layout will be introduced, similar to optimumcarcare.com and will be a modern, user friendly site.

The Guz likes this

This happens every time I get used to something...it gets changed <_<

Oh well...I guess its time to "accelerate into the future" ... get it? :rolleyes::P

The bit I am really struggling with is the contrast between the letters and the background.  It is almost like reading in very low definition.  

I'm just having trouble with the mechanics and navigation of it--this forum has always been different since it used a different software than most forums, that use vBulletin.

Usually any forum I am on I find the "new posts" button and that's how I start my visit.  I forget what the equivalent button was here, but now it's Activity/Unread Content.

Hopefully we'll all get used to this pretty quickly.

I agree...I always click the "Todays posts" , "New posts" or other equivalent button.

This has Activity button which would be OK if it diddnt show every comment made...Its better to show in which topic or thread the comment was made than to show every single comment.

I hope you guys at OPT fix this.

I've passed your comments/feedback on to Dr G and he's having the site designer review.  Consider the Optimum Forum to be a work in progress and please continue to make suggestions.

Could I suggest a darker shade of blue on the thread name font. The light blue on white is not visible enough in my opinion (not a good contrast). The blue color in the upper OPT logo is darker which makes it better IMO.

That and the "whats new" button. The old site had this. It also had the feature of choosing what was posted today, last week, month...I liked that.

There were more "emotions" on the old site. I liked them.

Just a few thoughts.

Also whats up with the leaderboard? Are we competing at something? Is there a reward (I saw the likes)? I won feb 09 2017...Do I get Opti coat pro for free for that or what?

The "Leaderboard" may be for future promotions.  If you had OCP on your car you wouldn't need to play with all the products on your shelf...what fun would that be?