Temporary Forum Shutdown

Ron@Optimum

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/02/2017 at 10:38 AM, A&J said:

I can help you with this... just press left control button on the keyboard and wheel mouse upwards (it zooms)

Thanks, zooming makes a big difference but I am not keen on doing this on a regular basis as this is the only site I have trouble reading.  Ron, I do hope Shay can improve things for me although I accept I appear to be the only one struggling to read the text

Lowejackson, Lindy (site designer) has indicated they are darkening the font/improving contrast, and will monitor for suggestions.  Lindy is a car enthusiast who uses Optimum products and hopefully will contribute to the Forum.

Great feedback, thanks guys. As Ron noted, I'm a gearhead and have been an avid user of OPT products for years, so I'm happy to offer some help where I can. 

This is definitely a huge change, but please give it a chance... I think you'll come to love it (I may have an ever so slight bias. :)) 

On 2/21/2017 at 8:26 AM, A&J said:

I agree...I always click the "Todays posts" , "New posts" or other equivalent button.

This has Activity button which would be OK if it diddnt show every comment made...Its better to show in which topic or thread the comment was made than to show every single comment.

I hope you guys at OPT fix this.

If you click "unread content" and then click the condensed tab on the right side, I think you'll find this more to your liking. 

Unread_Content_-_Optimum_Forum_2017-02-2

Activity streams are very powerful. You can use the pre-defined streams by clicking Activity -> My Activity Streams (as as a point of interest, if there's something specific you're looking for, we can create a custom stream on your behalf. Further, you can create your own custom stream here - select your options, save it and it will show in the aforementioned list. In fact, you can set that as your default stream so anytime you click activity, it automatically goes there. For example, you can create a stream to read all OPT employee responses in one central location. You can create one to only show you certain forums such as ONR. You can have a stream that shows you all topics you've participated in, also filtered by various factors. Once you get streams setup the way you like, it's really difficult to go back to the old "view new content" found on other forums. 

On 2/21/2017 at 2:53 PM, A&J said:

Could I suggest a darker shade of blue on the thread name font. The light blue on white is not visible enough in my opinion (not a good contrast). The blue color in the upper OPT logo is darker which makes it better IMO.

Our designers made a couple of changes over the weekend. Do you find it easier to read now?

That and the "whats new" button. The old site had this. It also had the feature of choosing what was posted today, last week, month...I liked that.

Please see above. You can simply default to "unread content" and adjust the filters on the top of the page, or create your own streams to display exactly how you'd like. 

There were more "emotions" on the old site. I liked them.

Those should have carried over. I'll get a tech to take a look. 

Just a few thoughts.

Also whats up with the leaderboard? Are we competing at something? Is there a reward (I saw the likes)? I won feb 09 2017...Do I get Opti coat pro for free for that or what?

That would be nice! I hesitate to call them participation trophies, but essentially, they do in fact recognize participation in a community. In the next major release of our software due in a few months, those can be tied to actions. For example, OPT could have a VIP forum exclusive to active contributors and create an action that would handle promotion of that automatically. They could also be used for contests, as noted. 

16 hours ago, Lowejackson said:

Thanks, zooming makes a big difference but I am not keen on doing this on a regular basis as this is the only site I have trouble reading.  Ron, I do hope Shay can improve things for me although I accept I appear to be the only one struggling to read the text

I increased the size of post content slightly - hopefully that helps.

Thanks for the explanation ...must admit I havent noticed the My Activity Streams  till now (will have a bit of a play once I get some more free time).  It should prove usefull once I get the hang of it.

Blue color is darker and more noticible IMO. Thanks

I did start to use the "unread content" button now that the "whats new" button is gone.

Great that you could increase the font for my friend Lowejackson here...he is old and he got no money for new glasses :lol:

Is there a chance to implement the OPT synergy podcast somewhere here on the forum?

22 hours ago, The Guz said:

Anyone else having log in issues with tapatalk?

Tapatalk is a third party application - in order to make that work again, OPT would need to obtain the newest version to make it compatible with this software. To be honest, with the advent of responsive technology (that is, if you drag the size of your browser window smaller and smaller, the format and elements of the page change to accommodate - this is how mobile "versions" operate on most modern websites now) we find far fewer clients using dedicated mobile applications like Tapatalk. That said, certainly if Ron and Co. would like to reincorporate Tapatalk and obtain their newer version, we'd be happy to assist in getting it working. 

9 hours ago, No Soap said:

How do I get directly to last page on unread content? Now I first have to select this thread and additionally select page 2.

You click on the time under the post (for example it says "9hours ago") and it takes you to that post.

Dont forget to like my comment...apparantly the more likes I get the better the change I win OCP or other OPT stuff this month :lol:

10 hours ago, IPS-Lindy said:

Tapatalk is a third party application - in order to make that work again, OPT would need to obtain the newest version to make it compatible with this software. To be honest, with the advent of responsive technology (that is, if you drag the size of your browser window smaller and smaller, the format and elements of the page change to accommodate - this is how mobile "versions" operate on most modern websites now) we find far fewer clients using dedicated mobile applications like Tapatalk. That said, certainly if Ron and Co. would like to reincorporate Tapatalk and obtain their newer version, we'd be happy to assist in getting it working. 

Thanks.  Tapatalk is nice because I have all of my detailing forums all in one area versus using the browser on my phone.  Plus it's easier to load photos in tapatalk than it is through the browser of an iphone. 

My apologies - regarding emoticons, all of them are there... simply click the emoticon panel and under "Categories" (top right of the box) click "emoticons" - they'll all be displayed then. They can be reordered for the most common ones, but they only show a fixed amount by default to keep browsers happy. 

:marsa37[1]:

Archived