No more waxing

Habs

:lol:Hi just purchased a used Honda element SC 2008 love this car

During negotiations of price with Honda decided to take there paint protection. I have been waxing cars for forty years well that's not going to happen again this coating is something  like optimum they won't really tekl you what it us. The water and dirt just falls of this car it was a dealers car never was sold so it never saw a carwash paint looked great . Then the house next door shingles blew off and badly scratch hood and quarter panel 

New paint job in hood and quarter panel they did a great job . Ordered some optimum gloss coat and will coat the new paint

The paint is 2 months old now got the prep and some extra fine clay and the spray wax 

Any advice

Thanks Dan

Order

Adding Gloss Coat should add the protection you are looking for to the painted panels. We recommend wiping the surfaces with Paint Prep to remove any wax residue before applying Gloss Coat. Let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you. 

There is no wax or any sealent on this paint I am thinking of fine clay and the paint prep then the gloss would like to do the hole car but don't no if it will stick to Hondas paint protection is there any way I can tell it is sticking 

Also how long do I wait to put the opti spray wax  on the new coating 

Thanks

• 2 months later...
On 27/03/2017 at 2:10 PM, Doctor G said:

Adding Gloss Coat should add the protection you are looking for to the painted panels. We recommend wiping the surfaces with Paint Prep to remove any wax residue before applying Gloss Coat. Let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you. 

What's a good gloss coat product to buy?

Archived