Hyper Seal

Products now listed on Opticoat site, these products do seem to have a price premium compared to the main range, for example

Protectant Plus 17oz ($11.99), Opticoat version 16oz ($19.99),

Power Clean 17oz ($11.99) Opticoat version 16 oz ($19.99),

ONR 32oz ($15.99), Opticoat version 16oz ($19.99)

Carpet & Fabric Cleaner 32oz ($24.99) Opticoat version 16oz ($19.99)

Hyper seal 16oz ($29.99), Optiseal 8oz ($24.99)

12 hours ago, Lowejackson said:

Products now listed on Opticoat site, these products do seem to have a price premium compared to the main range, for example

Protectant Plus 17oz ($11.99), Opticoat version 16oz ($19.99),

Power Clean 17oz ($11.99) Opticoat version 16 oz ($19.99),

ONR 32oz ($15.99), Opticoat version 16oz ($19.99)

Carpet & Fabric Cleaner 32oz ($24.99) Opticoat version 16oz ($19.99)

Hyper seal 16oz ($29.99), Optiseal 8oz ($24.99)

I guess we don't know if all of  this is apples to apples, since for instance, earlier in this thread Scott H. said that Opti-Coat ONR had more gloss than ONRWW...not sure if that implies it protects like ONRWW or is just an appearance comment.  And Hyper Seal, if it applies like Opti-Seal, would appear to be quite a bargain at twice the amount for five bucks more...but I'm guessing you use a lot more than Opti-Seal.

I'm presuming at some point Ron or someone will give us a rundown of how these Opti-Coat products compare to their regular-line counterparts.

I will say this appears to be a bit of a departure from Dr. G's usual product modesty, to come out with a line in glitzy packaging with premium pricing, seemingly emphasizing form over function.  Hopefully some of these have more "function" than their counterpart products.

This weeks podcast spends about 30 minutes talking about this new range.  No significant details, some of the products appear to be the same as the consumer range but others have been changed eg Opticoat ONR, unfortunately the Hyper Seal was not really discussed as the conversation changed direction when it was about to be explained. 

It is a shame these products will not be accessible for me, I don't really have an interest in fancy pro coatings but an updated version of ONR or Optiseal  is of interest to me

Scott is not only a Beta Tester for OPT, but makes an annual trip through Memphis to discuss products, get samples, and eat BBQ with Dr G.

I understand not all questions are answered here, but this is the latest from Dr G:

The new Opti Coat retail line is designed to work with our coatings to maximize performance and minimize effort. The major difference is in the flagship products No Rinse and Hyper Seal. Opti Coat No Rinse adds tremendous slickness and gloss to all the exterior surfaces while Hyper Seal works great as drying aid and leaves a long lasting protection on top of Opti Coat or factory clear coat. Power Clean and other products are also redesigned to work better with the coatings as I mentioned earlier. Last but not least, the Opti Coat microfiber towel is the thickest heaviest most plush towel in the marketplace.

Archived