Big Red Sponge

dimsumk

I'm starting from a fairly clean van normally (garaged at home and work)  and still can't get all the dirt off with the BRS.   Granted, I'm not scrubbing the van with the sponge, just wiping. 

My process is to use a pump sprayer and cover the van in ONR at the recommended mixture, and let that sit for 5 minutes and then rinse with a pressure washer.  I then recoat one panel at a time with ONR from the pump sprayer  and single bucket wash with the BRS in a bucket of ONR.  I then dry with a Minx that I dust with Optimum Detail Spray Gloss Enhancer.  My van is polished and coated with Gloss-Coat and I don't see any scratches using this process.

I don't see how the BRS soaked in ONR is any easier on the paint than a drying towel that's wiping up encapsulated dirt on wet panels that have been wiped with the sponge?

On 4/13/2017 at 2:01 PM, Bigpikle said:

Maybe I've been doing this all wrong for the last however many years, but I just go over an area as many times as needed to get it clean before I wipe it. As others have said, I use both sides of my sponge and will happily rinse it and go back to the panel again if needed before I start to dry. I dont ever want to see dirt on my drying towels.

I'm with you...I'll stick with what I learned from Bence (which I think came from Dr. G) back in the old days on another forum.  I don't really care what happened in some Rag Co. video.

On 4/13/2017 at 2:01 PM, Bigpikle said:

Maybe I've been doing this all wrong for the last however many years, but I just go over an area as many times as needed to get it clean before I wipe it. As others have said, I use both sides of my sponge and will happily rinse it and go back to the panel again if needed before I start to dry. I dont ever want to see dirt on my drying towels.

I'm with you...I'll stick with what I learned from Bence (which I think came from Dr. G) back in the old days on another forum.  I don't really care what happened in some Rag Co. video.