Mixing ONR + OCW

Hi.

Ive been using ONRWS and OCW for over 5 years now. I have about half a gallon each of ONRWS and OCW. I'd like to mix some OCW into my ONR wash. Ive read older posts here to use about 1oz/2gal along with mixed reviews about it being a waste of wax etc.

Would this be comparable to ONRWW? I'm sure this method is obsolete now that the WW products exists. Id like to switch To ONRWW once I finish the Optimum products i have now.

Welcome to the party, Wax!  Yes, you can add OCW to No Rinse and have an effective No Rinse with Wax lookalike.  That is how ONRWW was "invented", people kept playing with the formula and Dr G decided to perfect it.  But I can tell you that it's not as simple as that and Dr G and I spent 1 summer working on the formula, blind testing on our cars.  Then we had Roberto (Warehouse Supervisor) touch test each application for slickness (he had the  most sensitive hands).  We rated ease of application, cleaning power, appearance, durability, and slickness, so ONRWW is a ground up product, not simply a hybrid.  The rest of the story?

Hi Ron. Thanks for the welcome!

I have no doubt ONRWW is superior to simply mixing the two. I'm sure you guys put a lot of work into developing it. I'd just like to try mixing myself since I still have a lot of product left.

I usually wash two cars every Tuesday. I'm going to mix ONR and OCW for one car and do a traditional two step wash and wax on the other one.

Is there more to the story...?

• 2 months later...

Archived