OCW Cure time

Strangways

There are varying opinions about cure time (surprise).  I've had no problem using Wax as drying aid and then applying a separate coat immediately.  Some who apply 2 coats of Spray Wax suggest an hour cure time.  Heat and humidity have a lot to do with cure time.  Two other conditions can cause hazing - applying in direct sunlight and using too much product.

• 1 month later...

Do you have any comments on durability in my case. My neighbours car was thoroughly washed & waxed using OCW yesterday evening in very dry conditions (low humidity) but after exactly 12 hours it started to rain heavily (20 mm during the next 12 hours). Could this affect durability?

Ok, thanks! Just went to check that car and is the water behaviour of OCW such that it repels/sheets the water instead of beading heavily and therefore the car now  looked dry when it was parked under a roof? It's still raining and the car has been under the roof for 2-3 hours max. 

5 hours ago, No Soap said:

Do you have any comments on durability in my case. My neighbours car was thoroughly washed & waxed using OCW yesterday evening in very dry conditions (low humidity) but after exactly 12 hours it started to rain heavily (20 mm during the next 12 hours). Could this affect durability?

It is fine.  Tell him to just enjoy it.  You can always reapply it down the road as it is so easy to use. 

Archived