ONR & Opti-clean New formula

A&J

I recently bought a bottle of ONR and Opti-clean and there is a sticker on it saying "NEW FORMULA"!

yUxJzs2h.jpg

Whats so new about it? What is the difference from the bottle of ONR I bought say last year?

Well, it's possible Dr. G just snuck out a new formula for both, but I'd say it's equally likely (perhaps more likely) that you got some older stock that still had the "new formula" sticker from the last time they changed the two, which was a few years ago.  Where did you buy it?

The seller I got it from got re-supplied with OPT products last year so these were the latest bottles. The old ones I used in the past did not have that sticker on them.

Im just being curious. If it was re-formulated Im curious to find out what's the difference, if not its fine with me...this stuff works either way!

No Soap, that is a good suggestion, adding a date would be helpful.  Things are also complicated when retailers also refer to the new formula which may have been several years ago.  Not suggesting they are doing this for any underhanded reasons, it is more likely they just do not update their copy as often as they should

13 minutes ago, Lowejackson said:

No Soap, that is a good suggestion, adding a date would be helpful.  

I'm sure Dr. G isn't going to do that, then those labels would have a built-in "expiration date".   In the past new versions of product have been delayed simply to use up old labels.  I can't remember what it was and the post is gone because it was Chris Thomas.

15 minutes ago, Setec Astronomy said:

I'm sure Dr. G isn't going to do that, then those labels would have a built-in "expiration date".   In the past new versions of product have been delayed simply to use up old labels.  I can't remember what it was and the post is gone because it was Chris Thomas.

I do remember Chris talking about this issue and I take your point but this does seem to be a recurring issue.  I wish I had a great and simple answer but as things stand, the labels can create confusion 

If it was one of those small tweaks, they don't announce them with "new version" labels.  Given the timing, etc. I have to conclude that you have gotten old stock.   That still means it's the latest version.  The V2 ONR still came in the translucent bottles, they started the transparent bottles with V3.

First, there have been no recent reformulations of No Rinse or Opti-Clean.  Second, Dr G does incorporate small tweaks without announcement, but they are minor and infrequent.  New Formula stickers are generic and if dated would create confusion, opportunity for error when labeling, and probably accusations Optimum was using that to generate sales (desire for the latest formula/freshest product).  Optimum does not date labels because the expense would be prohibitive and would create issues in our warehouse and with our distributors (and there are many, in the US and internationally).  The product A&J received was probably not rotated properly, but ONR and OC have no pull dates and last forever, so there should be zero performance issues (I have a gallon of ONRWW that's 4+ years old and I used it yesterday). 

Archived