Engine Bay Detail

Hi guys,

I am new to the Optimum brand. I have only used ONR so far. I am slowly getting to learn the different products through this forum and youtube. I am going to do my first engine bay detail this weekend. I know that I can use OPC diluted 3 : 1 as a degreaser. I would like to know which product can be used for the dressing of the rubber and plastic parts. I prefer a matte looking engine.

Your advise is much appreciated.

Regards

Christopher

Hi and welcome to the forum :thumbsupup[1]:

Optimum has a dedicated plastic and rubber dressing called Opti-bond. For a more matte finish you can dilute it 1:1 with distilled water.

Another option can be Opti-seal which is a paint sealant but given its versatility can also be used for protecting glass, chrome, plastics and  interior plastic parts. It wont alter the look of plastics. If any oily like residue is left behind from opti-seal just wipe it with a microfiber towel.

Have fun exploring OPT productsB)

Thank you guys for contributing your time and replying so soon. Sorry but I have a silly question.

Lets say for example I am using OPC to clean the wheels, I believe you can use dilution ratio 3:1. Does this mean 3 parts water and 1 part OPC or it's the other way around. Does this apply to all the Optimum products, the order of the dilution.

5 hours ago, Christopher said:

Thank you guys for contributing your time and replying so soon. Sorry but I have a silly question.

Lets say for example I am using OPC to clean the wheels, I believe you can use dilution ratio 3:1. Does this mean 3 parts water and 1 part OPC or it's the other way around. Does this apply to all the Optimum products, the order of the dilution.

Yes, 3 parts water to 1 part product for OPC, same as 256 parts water to one part water for No Rinse (ONR)

Archived