Paint protection

I have read this forum and I know this question has been asked a lot. Where I am from, we do not get poliseal in Singapore. All we have is GPS. I just bought a 9 years old Honda City. I am using it as a daily driver and parked outside 24/7. PThe paint in general is very good but only a minor scratch here and there. Also I can see a lot of water marks on the windscreen and back window at the edges of the rubber seal.

i will not own a DA anytime soon as my life partner has told me that I am spending way too much time with the car. I am planning to use GPS by hand. If I rub hard and long till it becomes clear on the paint, will it work as a polish.  Also can I use GPS as a polish on glass.

I havent used GPS but I have removed light marring by hand with poli-seal.

Given that both polishes have similar cut you should enhance the paint a bit even by hand!

Just have in mind your arm will fall off at the end of the day :lol:

If you are trully a weekend detailer then I really sugest you get a DA. You will polish a car quicker and get better results. Remember that time is money when having a bussines!

Whilst GPS is a nice product and I will bow down to Ron's knowledge about using it on glass, it is important to recognise the level of cut or abrasion available by hand with GPS.   GPS has very mild abrasives and so has limits, it can remove very light swirls but after than you either need a machine or a stronger polish.  Using a lot of pressure is likely just to be wasted effort and the problem is unless you are very strong then the amount of effort applied at the start of the process is likely to be far less by the time you have completed the car.

Thanks Ron and Lowe for the advice. I am slowly doing my research and will definitely have more questions moving forward.

This is actually my first forum and the experience so far has taught me that this community is very passionate about the product. Please keep up the good work and hopefully with more experience I will be able to contribute as well.

Hi guys I have another question.

is there a better way to protect the wheel rims from break dust. I am planning to coat the rim face and inner rim well with opti seal. Can I use the same technique as the next time I wash the wheels, I can use the opti wax to top up. 

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:37 PM, Christopher said:

I understand where you are coming from. Well as a weekend detailer, I cannot justify a DA at the moment. Especially now with optimum products, I do not forsee any need unless the paint is in a very bad shape.

A harbor freight DA and some pads won't set you back that much and is somewhat cost effective.

1 hour ago, Christopher said:

Hi guys I have another question.

is there a better way to protect the wheel rims from break dust. I am planning to coat the rim face and inner rim well with opti seal. Can I use the same technique as the next time I wash the wheels, I can use the opti wax to top up. 

Sure you can use opti seal or car wax on the wheels.  It may not last long due to the heat exhibited in that area.  You would get even better results by coating them gloss coat.  It will be more durable than opti seal or car wax. 

Archived