Brand new BMW M1 got Gloss coated

A&J

I got contacted to detail and protect a brand new BMW M1 series in estoril blue. The costumer and I set up a date that happened to be this weekend.

Like mentioned the car was brand spanking new so when it arrived it looked great which was good for me as I didnt have much to do.

The car upon arival

pjLRNl1h.jpg

jrHKOpwh.jpg

5SWjhN5h.jpg

kBlzuLth.jpg

YqtAFr5h.jpg

dFXZUxgh.jpg

AmqF8f1h.jpg

YbHIAKOh.jpg

The car was fairly clean for a 2 day old...the wheels had some brake dust acumulated and there was some bug splatter in front
KXeRqOsh.jpg

DhP8jdjh.jpg

Upon inspection I diddnt find any major damage, just some light swirls that will be removed with polishing. They were most visible on the back lights.
b7xp5Unh.jpg

I went with the Mike Phillips aggresive wash technique.
So I started with the chemical decon procedure. I used a local iron remover product called Carshinefactory Iron off.
NwTgLOJh.jpg
Snow foamed and washed usind OPT car wash
MI9lH6jh.jpg

Foamed again and clayed the paint using a clay mitt.
ObYRPSUh.jpg

I pulled the car into the garage to dry it and to polish it using OPT Hyper polish and LC orange pad on a DA. 1-2 passes were enough to remove light swirls. I polished the entire car in about 2h (very fast yes I know). I used OPT paint prep to remove polishing oils.
Q4kkjBmh.jpg

Gloss coat was applied to the majority of the car...
Qt54Tyrh.jpg

...The majority because I ran out of it and had to use Gyeon Cancoat for the back boot and bumper. One coat of Gloss coat and 3 coats of Cancoat on the back 1h apart and left it in the garage over night.
0F2CBRHh.jpg

The next morning I applied Carpro Reload to help the coating cure for the next couple of weeks.
WTd5e5Ch.jpg

Fk1000p on the exhaust
RF3OOHOh.jpg

Gtechiq C2 on the wheels
ZI4VNlKh.jpg

and TAC system tyre dressing on the tyres
oIPNNdEh.jpg

The interior was vacuumed and the plastics wiped with OPT opti-clean. The door shuts were polished with OPT poli-seal. The engine bay was wiped with APC and plastics protected with Wolfs chemicals plasic & trim coat.

End results
43SrIjBh.jpg

ioXe1XNh.jpg

MylmWFch.jpg

qBGKTlhh.jpg

iOEDRACh.jpg

Qp6a0zsh.jpg

xPil8Hzh.jpg

Money shot picture
VF8mjfDh.jpg

J1GN90Rh.jpg

GIlrVwIh.jpg

rUXYwEVh.jpg

WZfDnGjh.jpg

9PYVvblh.jpg

OTGizxnh.jpg

unGNUfbh.jpg

Thats it.

Thanks for watching.

Funny story

Right after he picked it up he parked it under a tree at the next door cafe for his friends to look at it. I was thinking to myself "dont put it under a tree. Its spring time".

After 30min he texts me saying hes got loads of small dots (tree sap) on the car :bottom[1]:

"Come back" I said... I remembered from the OPT synergy podcast Dann had a similar problem and he used ONR to remove tree sap as the safest option for the coating. So I gave it a go and washed the whole car with ONR...Tree sap gone and a huge stone fell from the guys heart and brought a smile back on his face :thumbsupup[1]:  Job done.

• 2 years later...