Maintain Opti-Coat Pro+: ONRS or ONRW or Meguiar's D156

Syed

I got my car Opti-Coat Pro+ done by local authorized dealer.   It is the best thing I have ever done.  After going through a touch-less wash the car looks amazing.  At home I have been using ONR to clean my car.  Lately I was wondering If I can do better.  Should I apply any kind of QD?  may be help with drying. 

I have been reading all the internet forums out there last couple of days.  There are so many mixed information.  My brain hurts.   After reading so much information, my conclusion is to use Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax.   I think this will give me more shine than ONR and is it safe to use it on Opti-Coat Pro+?.  I don't think the wax will last more than few days since Opti-Coat Pro+ is designed to get rid of any stuff on top of it.  (at least that is what I read on the forums)

My question is simple.  Can I use a Meguiar's D156 to help with the drying or may be get more shine or protection from water spots.  ?  Will it matter?   What else can I do? 

Attached is a picture of my car, cleaned only using ONR. 

IMG_5981.JPG

19 hours ago, Syed said:

I got my car Opti-Coat Pro+ done by local authorized dealer.   It is the best thing I have ever done.  After going through a touch-less wash the car looks amazing.  At home I have been using ONR to clean my car.  Lately I was wondering If I can do better.  Should I apply any kind of QD?  may be help with drying.  

The question "should" is relative to each person.  ONR is good on it's own.  The polymers in the solution aid you in drying as they protect and shine the paint.  But if you wish to use a QD then by all means go right ahead.  You can technically use any QD you want to as the self cleaning effect of OCP+ will shed it. 

If you wish to stick with an Optimum product, then Instant Gloss Detailer is a good choice.  It will add some real nice gloss.  Another option is using opti-seal as a drying aid. 

I have been reading all the internet forums out there last couple of days.  There are so many mixed information.  My brain hurts.   After reading so much information, my conclusion is to use Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax.   I think this will give me more shine than ONR and is it safe to use it on Opti-Coat Pro+?.  I don't think the wax will last more than few days since Opti-Coat Pro+ is designed to get rid of any stuff on top of it.  (at least that is what I read on the forums)

ONR Wash & Wax is perfectly fine to use on OCP+.  It will leave wax behind but nothing that will affect the performance of OCP+. 

You are correct that the self cleaning effect of OCP+ will shed what is applied on top of it. 

My question is simple.  Can I use a Meguiar's D156 to help with the drying or may be get more shine or protection from water spots.  ?  Will it matter?   What else can I do? 

Sure you can use D156.  Just be aware that D156 at times can attract dust.  Still a good product that will add some shine. 

Are you asking about drying with ONR or a bucket wash?  The reason I ask if it is ONR is because ONR will leave polymer spots and not water spots. 

As I mentioned you can use Opti-Seal as a drying aid.  Instant Gloss Detailer works well as a drying aid and stand alone. 

Thanks for your reply. 

Are you asking about drying with ONR or a bucket wash?

Bucket wash.  This is my routine now.   I wash the car using pressure washer.  I get my ONR solution ready in a bucket.   Fill an air pump spray bottle.   Spray the solution to one panel.  Wipe it with the RED sponge (ONR mixed solution from the bucket).  Then I simply dry it using a waffle weave dry towel.
So, i heard two product to use.  Which one is easier to apply. 
Opti Seal as a drying agent  or 
Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer as a drying agent.

When I bought the car I wanted easy maintenance.  Now I am thinking may be I didn't need OCP+.  I could have applied Opti-Seal every year and put a QD after every car wash.  Wouldn't that would be same protection as OCP+?   

Summer is not bad.  I am thinking what to do in Winter. 

• Option 01:  Drive the car to one of those coin wash heated place.   Rinse the car using the pressure washer.   And simply dry it using a QD.
  • Option 02:  Coin wash heated place,  take a bucket of ONR solution with me.   Rince the car using pressure washer.  Put ONR using red sponge and  dry it with  QD (may be Optimum Instant Detailer). 

11 hours ago, Syed said:

• Option 01:  Drive the car to one of those coin wash heated place.   Rinse the car using the pressure washer.   And simply dry it using a QD.
  • Option 02:  Coin wash heated place,  take a bucket of ONR solution with me.   Rince the car using pressure washer.  Put ONR using red sponge and  dry it with  QD (may be Optimum Instant Detailer). 

Option 03: As long temps are above freezing point I suggest you use warm water in your bucket with ONR. Spray opti-clean as your pre-wash and wash it straight with ONR. Youll be suprised how slick & effective the wash will be. Dry with opti-seal or OID.

On 5/28/2017 at 1:04 AM, Syed said:

Thanks for your reply. 

Bucket wash.  This is my routine now.   I wash the car using pressure washer.  I get my ONR solution ready in a bucket.   Fill an air pump spray bottle.   Spray the solution to one panel.  Wipe it with the RED sponge (ONR mixed solution from the bucket).  Then I simply dry it using a waffle weave dry towel.
So, i heard two product to use.  Which one is easier to apply. 
Opti Seal as a drying agent  or 
Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer as a drying agent.

When I bought the car I wanted easy maintenance.  Now I am thinking may be I didn't need OCP+.  I could have applied Opti-Seal every year and put a QD after every car wash.  Wouldn't that would be same protection as OCP+?   

Opti Seal and Instant Gloss Detailer are both easy to use.  Opti Seal will leave protection behind for a couple of weeks before the coating sheds it off.

Opti-Seal is not the same protection.  Yes they both protect paint but a coating is much more durable.  It  offers better chemical resistance, better resistance to bird droppings and better at handling  wash induced marring. 

I can't comment on your winter as a winter here in Southern California is a mid to high 60's sunny day lol. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your input.   A lot of helpful information.  I will try Opti-Seal or OID.  See which I like better.  May be I will use OID weekly and Opti-Seal once a month as my drying agent.  I wash once a week.

Archived