Double and Triple Coating Gloss Coat?

ErnieMccracken

Of course I know "it's not nessesary" is the usual answer to these types of questions, but is there any benefit to double or triple coating gloss coat?  I've noticed some detailers offering this service.  I'm guessing increased durability is unlikely, but is there a difference in appearance?

Hi I put two coats just to make sure that it's all covered this car is Honda silver new paint  looks a bit darker 

Love it also coat of ocw 

• 2 years later...
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:59 AM, ErnieMccracken said:

Of course I know "it's not nessesary" is the usual answer to these types of questions, but is there any benefit to double or triple coating gloss coat?  I've noticed some detailers offering this service.  I'm guessing increased durability is unlikely, but is there a difference in appearance?

Ernie Mccracken, Do you still have the bowling ball with the rose in it? lol

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:59 AM, ErnieMccracken said:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi 

From what I can gather from this form there is no real benefit  except making sure its every were I did the same thing you go to all this work to do it decanamination  polishing why not even if the second coat is thin hope that helps