New ONR user, looking for opinions

24 minutes ago, TUDM said:

It's probably unnecessary , can I use opti clean as a drying aid  to an ONR wash?

I guess you can, but I see no reason to do that when there are so many other choices better suited, at least IMO.

I use drying aids often, but it's something that either enhances the gloss or adds protection. In the Optimum line, I've used Instant Detailer, Optimum Car Wax and Opti-Seal. Other stuff I'm happy with outside the Optimum line is Duragloss Aquawax, Meguiar's D156 (Ultimate Quik Wax in the consumer line) and Griot's Spray-On Wax. Of all those choices Opti-Seal is probably the most durable, but it's also the priciest.

Bill

Thanks again Bill, 

I am sure you know I am new to ONR and have been washing my cars the old fashioned way for about 24 years . I now live a condo where I have to do my washing inside my garage and I am having a hard time not doing a traditional wash.(feel that rinseless or waterless washing will lead to scratches, and swirls. 

I was thinking if I missed some dirt with BRS I could spray opti clean when drying to clean anything I missed and to lubricate finish further for the pass with the drying towel.

Also our new co do has new appliances and my wife says no washing car towels full of chemicals in our brand new washer! I wash my MF towels in a bucket but feel this doesn't clean them well not to mention quite a bit of extra work which to be hones I don't have time for. 

Thanks

actually OC has more lubricity - necessary to make up for the water you're not using, and more solvents.  ONR can be mixed as a waterless but is less effective than the dedicated product.  I consider OC as an instant detailer with greater cleaning power but less gloss enhancer.

Thanks again Ron,

Can you use opti clean as a weekly wash (1x  a week)? I know there are many factors but for a daily driver garaged every night do you think I can  wash my car once a week going to local coin op and rinsing with a power washer then spraying opti clean and wiping with MF towels to finish cleaning the caronce a week?

4 hours ago, TUDM said:

Thanks again Ron,

Can you use opti clean as a weekly wash (1x  a week)? I know there are many factors but for a daily driver garaged every night do you think I can  wash my car once a week going to local coin op and rinsing with a power washer then spraying opti clean and wiping with MF towels to finish cleaning the caronce a week?

Nothing wrong with your idea, except for possibly inefficiency.  Rather than drive to another location, spend time with a pressure rinse, then wipe down with OC, I'd rather just stay home and do my rinseless process.  Just as safe and quicker, IMO.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

If worried about dirt get a $6 pump sprayer and presoak a panel before hitting it with the BRS. This increases lubricity greatly. 

Could use ONRWW at the standard dilution as a drying aid if needed, but ONR is it's own drying aid. 

Archived