Hello from South Europe

Solala

You could use Hyper polish by hand but dont expect too much correction and also un-even result compared to machine polishing.

You can get OPT paint prep from the NL http://www.optimumcarcare.nl/polijsten?product_id=87

Off course Carpro Eraser is an option...These products all work similar so you can use whatever you want to remove polishing oils its just OPT paint prep has a catalyst inside to help Gloss coat spread better over the surface better.

BTW...where in EU are you? 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure you can use hyper polish by hand.  As mentioned don’t expect complete defect removal.  

CarPro Eraser works.  IPA is another option.  Just be careful with IPA because it does not have a lot of lubriciry.  Do you have access to GTechniq Panel Wipe?  

So, here it is, my first report.

Gloss coat was applied between August 23rd to 25th this year. Since then, I washed the car three times with Optimum Wash and Wax (OWW). After the first application of OWW I had my first shocking moment: I have put the car under trees and some days later heavy rain has washed some stuff from the trees onto the car paint. The stuff dried and formed some film on the paint. Therefore, a few days later I decided to see if the beading is still the same. Surprisingly, the beading disappeared and I got really annoyed: “all the hard work is gone!” However, washing the car with some soap from the car wash station (this was done in a moment of pain, otherwise I would have used OWW) helped to remove the stuff from the paint and the beading came back, puh!

The last time I washed the paint with OWW was about four weeks ago. Since then we only had more or less sunny weather, but large and wide building sites throw each day lot’s of dust and sand onto the car paint. Eventually, I cleaned the car only with a pressure washer. Yesterday, I used the pressure washer again to remove some dust and I thought to give my first report here on this site.

What shall I say? After more than 2 months the beading is still there, and I think it is as it was on the first day in August. In comparison to the car waxes I used the years before, it is a very good result so far. The waxes already died 2 months after their application. :rolleyes:  Amazingly, the wheel rims, being prone to brake dust in my case, get much less dirty in comparison to the time before I applied gloss coat. Cleaning the wheels is much easier and leads still to the perfect gloss coat beading.

Optimum (!), great work so far, let’s see what is coming the next 3 months.

EDIT: thanks again to all of you for your kind replies!

Archived