Solala

Hello from South Europe

You should recap Gloss-Coat tightly after use - it can last several years if moisture is kept out of the syringe.  The instructions for Gloss-Coat suggest a follow up wipe in 1 - 2 minutes and a good quality, clean micro fiber is fine.  Some installers use the original applicator pad with no issues.

17 hours ago, Solala said:

Thanks 'The Guz' and 'boiler'.

I have a very urgent question: right after I have opened OGC, for how long can the syringe stay open?

Thanks for a quick comment, cheers.

Its OK for when you need it but close it tightly afterwards. Moisture is the one that must not come into contact with the coating...youll know if it does coz it will turn into gel soon enough.

15 hours ago, Solala said:

... furthermore:

Q2: Which towel shall be used to wipe the car paint after the application of OGC 3-5 minutes after?

I use a basic short pile. Waiting 3-5 min is perhaps too much...I would instead say you remove it after it flashes about 75-80%. That can happen rather quickly if its hot and slower if its colder.

Thanks boiler and A&J.

Today, I have done the roof and the back of my car. Total amount of time: 6 hours including the 1h during which I had to wait. The preparation took a very long time (claying + Meguairs Ultimate compound + IPA wipe down, all manually done).

The OGC was very easy to apply and relatively quick. I could see the 'oil film' but it quickly flashed within a few seconds. I wiped the surface after 30 seconds. It's very hot today. The car was in the shadow. I have done the roof 2x because I had the feeling that I applied not enough OGC the very first time. After all work: Meguiars quick wax. Let's see.

Cheers.

PS: I go to bed now, need to recover ... . :cool2[1]:

12 minutes ago, boiler said:

would love to hear how it all turns out.

Don't forget, there is now wax on it. Well, it looks as expected, also right after the application of OGC. Let's see in a couple of weeks when the wax is gone. - Now, I will do the front part of the car ... probably until 22:00. :cool2[1]:

Cheers.