Optimum NRWS, Excel style

exceldetail

During my last phone conversation with David, he asked that I share with forum members a new technique for washing with Optimum NRWS.

Well, here its is............and please tailor it to your own level of satisfaction.........

I shared this with the members over on a detailing forum I sponsor, and they have fallen in love with the idea, and have helped spread the sales of NRWS as well as shared their experience with the technique. I truly believe my washing results have been improved upon since introducing the accessory. It has also created new avenues for cleaning/detailing which have cut down on time as well as labor.

I hope some of you find this information very useful!

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Nice write-up! I think its a nice idea on the sprayer. I've actually been using a 2-gallon sprayer like that for my Bio-Kleen Traffic Lane Cleaner solution. Hand pump spray bottles aren't effective at providing enough solution (quickly) and a sprayer like you pictured works MUCH better. Plus, it's easier on your hands/forearms.

Again, great idea!

Boomarked thanks :beerchug[1]: I washed both cars this weekend it took me 2 hours almost, they both were not dirty but I did not want to take a chance and swirl the paint. I will be ordering some of the ONR very soon.

exceldetail sent me his techniques for using the sprayer a while back and I have tried eveyone mentioned an he his right on the money!

Using the sprayer really softens up bird stuff, bug remains, tree pollen spots while preparing the pollen/dirt for easy pickup during the wash.

Thank you exceldetail for helping out - :beerchug[1]:

well, after nearly dismissing this method (mostly thinking it was a waste of ONR and going against the instructions). I went out and got a gallon sprayer. I can't wait to give it a try.

So to recap does this sound right?

2 capfuls of ONR in my gallon sprayer, pumped and ready to go

AND a normal ONR wash bucket (2 gallons water and 2 oz ONR)

2nd bucket for rinse optional

a couple MF mitts

Think I'll finish off with Opt Instant Detailer.

Patrick @ exceldetail,

Your gallon mister is absolutely FANTASTiC! Superior quailty build.....It has been so dang hot I really wanted to aim it over my head to cool me off.....unfortunately it was full of ONR!

I highly recomend this gallon mister....what I like is the flow and it's ability to cover the area while having excellent control over the spray...ie: you can spray one panel without overspray to the next panel, of course not considering a heavy wind.

It has made my washing ONR style that much faster.....no more hand squeezing the daylights out of a spray bottle! I ONR'ed a MB E55 AMG ( including wheels and hubs) with no refilling of the gallon container. At less that $10 it is a bargin at twice the price......OPPPPS......Did I just make it more expensive for other buyers? :tongue4[1]:

well I used my gallon spray this weekend with an ONR wash. My only issue is my cheapo sprayer doesn't seal completely and has a slow leak. I'll replace it I reckon. My friend came over with his brand new Ninja (KX10-R?) and the 'lightbulb' immediatley went off. So, I've turned him on to the idea as it would seem excellent for bikes too.

well, after nearly dismissing this method (mostly thinking it was a waste of ONR and going against the instructions). I went out and got a gallon sprayer. I can't wait to give it a try.

So to recap does this sound right?

2 capfuls of ONR in my gallon sprayer, pumped and ready to go

AND a normal ONR wash bucket (2 gallons water and 2 oz ONR)

2nd bucket for rinse optional

a couple MF mitts

Think I'll finish off with Opt Instant Detailer.

It sounds like you are using twice the ONR you need to. AFAIK it's an ounce total for 2 gallons of water, so a half ounce for a gallon. The 32oz container lid is a half ounce.

Keep in mind the gallon container's cap size is different. It's something like 7 cap fulls to get 2 ounces of ONR out of it. I guess it's shallow. (This was revealed on autopia late last week)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived