Power Clean Purposes and Dilution Ratios

buja

• 3 weeks later...

If you are doing a decon you should be using pc straight, no foamer as it will not produce very good foam without water in a foamer. If you are doing a decon without a coating PC straight is the recommended method. If you are doing a decon on a coating I like the car wax and clay mit method

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2021 at 11:57 PM, Tug Bankert said:

If you are doing a decon you should be using pc straight, no foamer as it will not produce very good foam without water in a foamer. If you are doing a decon without a coating PC straight is the recommended method. If you are doing a decon on a coating I like the car wax and clay mit method

Thanks for the insight from an Opti-Coat installer like yourself, Tug.  But Power Clean Straight seems like a very harsh and uneconomical application. I tried it yesterday at a 1:1 dilution with Tap water, which worked great, but also left staining on the vinyl parts.

This is still a great Opti-Coat install video from Yvan. In it, he foams Power Clean at a 1:3 dilution. Which means: a quarter of the cost compared to straight Power Clean!

I'd say, leave it straight or 1:1 for wheels, jambs, and engine bays. But then again, I'm not an Opti-Coat installer and haven't had any training.

3 hours ago, Heijneker said:

Thanks for the insight from an Opti-Coat installer like yourself, Tug.  But Power Clean Straight seems like a very harsh and uneconomical application. I tried it yesterday at a 1:1 dilution with Tap water, which worked great, but also left staining on the vinyl parts.

This is still a great Opti-Coat install video from Yvan. In it, he foams Power Clean at a 1:3 dilution. Which means: a quarter of the cost compared to straight Power Clean!

I'd say, leave it straight or 1:1 for wheels, jambs, and engine bays. But then again, I'm not an Opti-Coat installer and haven't had any training.

Plastic trim staining can, of course happen. Chances are there is already staining if the trim is not coated. As an enthusiast, feel free to dilute it 3:1, etc. As a pro installer it is extremely important to follow certain protocol. Like I stated earlier, decon with clay mit and car wax works great and no need for pc.